cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile holding my phone number for ransom?

nikthethird
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm trying to leave (no customer service combined with a barely functional website). Apparently I can't port my number over to Freedom Mobile because my account shows up as inactive. My account is still active (I can log in online) but my plan expired yesterday. Does this mean I have to purchase another month of service just for the privilege of leaving? Please fix - I'm not giving you any more money. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

MathieuPM

The new company been trying every 2 days to port for the last week...  I am trying to put my old sim card in maybe it will activate my number for the transfert.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As others have said, your account MUST be active with any phone company in order to port the number over to another company.  I ported in from Bell and had to pay that bill to keep the number alive well it ported to Public. If you really want to keep your number then yes the $10 plan can do that well it's being ported. Also some companies are in no hurry to port numbers.

Cheers

MathieuPM

I am havin the same problem.... i am try to port my number out of public mobile.  My account was suspended, so I changed plan to the 10$/month plan and even now I can't port my number.  Next step is a complaint o the CRTC.  This is unaceptable....

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nikthethird wrote:
Does this mean I have to purchase another month of service just for the privilege of leaving? Please fix - I'm not giving you any more money. 

Thanks

You have two choices:

• Either activate a plan (the cheapest) to keep your number and be able to port out
  • Or leave it like this and get a new number

There's nothing in between.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nikthethird at any Canadian provider, [EDIT: no, PM is not holding your number hostage, this is just how number portability works in Canda,] you must have an active account in good standing in order to port out your number.  At PM since there is no concept of good standing (since there is no post-use billing), the only thing that matters is that you have an active plan.  Unfortunately, you do not.  If you wish to keep your number, the cheapest way to do so is to switch to the $10 30 day plan.  You can find instructions on how to change your plan while suspend in this announcement posting: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Systems-Update-Ability-to-change-plan-w...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Sincerely,

Need Help? Let's chat.