cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Failed - Cannot Receive Calls

gjm378
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently joined public mobile, and everything is working fine except my phone will not recieve calls. I transferred my current number from another provider. I have been recieving text messages from Public Mobile to "complete the SIM & Activation online form". 

I'm not sure what to do, and I'm looking for guidance.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

From experience, that sound like porting process/delays and it usually resolve by itself less than 24hrs. Meanwhile you may also need to privately contact the moderators with your number if you've aleady chosen one together with the 4 digit number you signed up with.

In case you don't have number chosen yet, then use the following (privately)

Date of Birth
    Full address with Postal Code
    Last top-up amount and the date
    Email address  
    Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gjm378 wrote:

Hi,

I recently joined public mobile, and everything is working fine except my phone will not recieve calls. I transferred my current number from another provider. I have been recieving text messages from Public Mobile to "complete the SIM & Activation online form". 

I'm not sure what to do, and I'm looking for guidance.

Thanks!

@gjm378Your old sim card may still be fully working and recieving calls. Insert your old sim into the phone. If it works, continue to use it until the moderator team responds to you. The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

johnsontieu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also having this problem, I believe my porting process is taking a bit longer because I am porting from a landline. There are a lot of ppl who have had this problem in the past. example https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/New-activation-can-t-receive-incoming...

tl:dr - 

Send a private message to @Moderator_Team include your following info:
- account number
- phone number
- PM sim card number (if you have it)

- old account number (previous carrier)

- PIN
- a brief description of what has happened

Regards,
Jo

Need Help? Let's chat.