cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM simcard in Calgary

sethtayfun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Can someone tell me where to get a PM simcard in Calgary?

9 REPLIES 9

If the rules of sale are not practiced in the was Public Mobile has asked them to be, then Public Mobile should pull the SIM cards out of WalMart.

WalMart generally plays by their own rules, and even if the third party inside the mobile booth are calling the shots on the way things are happening, Public Mobile is still the business that calls the shots.

@srlawren wrote:

@heypeterman wrote:

I picked up two sim cards at Marlborough Walmart last night. The mobile department closes at 8pm during the week, I think.

Edit: you have to sign up there. They wouldn't just sell the sim cards.

@heypeterman this is not right but unfortunately many Walmart employees seem to think so.  They are absolutely supposed to just sell you the card without activation if requested.  You should try asking to speak to their manager if you encounter this, because it's just wrong.

@Brooke_C @Alan_K bringing this to your attention.

I do believe that it actually is quite possible that these mobile department staff members at Walmart really have been instructed not to sell the sim card without activation.  If that really is the case, the employee is not going to risk disciple and/or dismissal. They will simply follow the instructions of their superirors.  I know Public Mobile doesn't want it this way, but Public Mobile isn't the boss of the people working within the Walmart stores.  If these people at Walmart really have been told not to sell these sim cards without activation, they won't even be reprimanded for this practice.  And if that's the case, the reason that calling a manager over works may just be because the manager is giving authorization to make an exception. 

Another possibility is a commission that the staff member wants to receive for the activation.

Either scenerio is possible in my mind.

heypeterman

@srlawren wrote:

@heypeterman wrote:

I picked up two sim cards at Marlborough Walmart last night. The mobile department closes at 8pm during the week, I think.

@heypeterman this is not right but unfortunately many Walmart employees seem to think so.  They are absolutely supposed to just sell you the card without activation if requested.  You should try asking to speak to their manager if you encounter this, because it's just wrong.

I didn't realize they were almost closed when I got there and asked to just buy them but she said they can't. I had defintiely read that this wasn't true but wasn't going to argue when she was willing to stay to get them setup and it saved me $20.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@heypeterman wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

heypeterman

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MacMe wrote:

You can try getting one at your local Walmart.  Free SIM + $20 credit until June 30:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-20-bill-credit-when-you-activ...

That is only valid for talk and text only plans not plans with data.

Best bet is to go to Walmart and buy possibly  activate sim there. And if you have a pm referral then you get a 10$ credit.

SIM-phony
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can also order a SIM directly from the website for $10 but there's no promotions on that besides the refer-a-friend credits if you are referred or refer someone else. Here's a link to where you can order one: Link

If you need someone to refer you for the $10 bill credit, you can PM me aswell.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sethtayfun You can go to WOW mobile locations if you need a plan with data as well just Google it to find nearest places for you. You can get a free sim + $10 credit for friend referral reward as well. If you need a number referral, you can send me a message.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can try getting one at your local Walmart.  Free SIM + $20 credit until June 30:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-20-bill-credit-when-you-activ...

Need Help? Let's chat.