cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Data

rwhite1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have no data.  I have tried everything that has been posted and have gone in and set the APN settings and still nothing.  Please help.

8 REPLIES 8

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jb456 Thanks for the explanation. Hadn't thought about that. 

@Jb456 wrote:

@gblackma  yes that is logical solution too contact mods. Don't get me wrong you did great 🙂.

However it's happened many times in past that poster says they have done everything and it's still not working only to find an error in APN settings or certain phone models need a little tweek like putting phone on airplane mode for 15 min then a reboot.

A few others I can think of off the top of my head... pulling sim out for 5 min, connecting to ITunes, adding a new APN even though it's already there...

Here's one just as an example.

Said he went through all procedures with APN. And screen shot said otherwise and since the phone he had the button did not show where to add new ones, but in the end he got it working without moderators.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/data-is-not-working/m-p/437928#M33932

@gblackma  yes that is logical solution too contact mods. Don't get me wrong you did great 🙂.

However it's happened many times in past that poster says they have done everything and it's still not working only to find an error in APN settings or certain phone models need a little tweek like putting phone on airplane mode for 15 min then a reboot.

A few others I can think of off the top of my head... pulling sim out for 5 min, connecting to ITunes, adding a new APN even though it's already there...

Here's one just as an example.

Said he went through all procedures with APN. And screen shot said otherwise and since the phone he had the button did not show where to add new ones, but in the end he got it working without moderators.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/data-is-not-working/m-p/437928#M33932

@rwhite1 thanks for accepting my reply as the solution. Appreciate it.

@Jb456 , @rwhite1 mentioned researching the topic here and doing all the normal suggestions. Even manually resetting his apn settings. So if all that has been done, and there is data in the account, then the next logical solution should be to escalate it up to moderator, right? Or am I missing something here? Thanks.

@Jb456 wrote:

@gblackma few more things to look at before contacting moderators...like type of phone (as some phones have issues with data), a double check of APN settings , (maybe a screen shot here of them(somethimes a little mistake is noticed)...etc..etc...but we can start with checking his account if there is data showing.

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@rwhite1 wrote:

I have no data.  I have tried everything that has been posted and have gone in and set the APN settings and still nothing.  Please help.

Can you elaborate if you have never had data or just have no data after using it for a while?

Most likely you have used up your allotment for the 30 days, please check your usage on your account, then if its 0, you can choose to Top Up with 1 gig, etc. and continue until your 30 day renew and whatever left from your Top Up will roll over and does not expired until you use it up.

If you don't have data from the get go, then please contact a moderator by following the prompts from the Question Mark on the Right Bottom Corner.

@gblackma few more things to look at before contacting moderators...like type of phone (as some phones have issues with data), a double check of APN settings , (maybe a screen shot here of them(somethimes a little mistake is noticed)...etc..etc...but we can start with checking his account if there is data showing.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

If you do as @Jb456  asked and there is data showing in your account. And as you stated tried all of the suggested solutions here, then @rwhite1  contact a moderator.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen. This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  Welcome to PM. 

@rwhite1 wrote:

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Does your data show there? Example 462mb/1024

If nothing shows there it means you used up all your data.

Need Help? Let's chat.