Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after sim activation

Germin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I've activated my new SIM card with a new phone number at Walmart 

its now two days with no service at the top left corner of the screen. I sent to the moderator and no response 

I’m so frustrated and really regret buying public mobile SIM card 

11 REPLIES 11

@hycm53@brennanleblanc_ Verizon iPhone yes does lock on Verizon CDMA network *BUT* the SIM card slot is designed for travelling.. so in theory the SIM would work. Since OP indicated the problem is with multple phones he had tried, they all say No Service.. it is more of a provisioning problem than a locked phone.

Besides if the iPhone is locked it will say Activation Required... yet it will still display LTE / Public Mobile in the top left hand corner.. attached is my Sprint iPhone. Quit sending OP down the wrong rabbit hole.

@Germinneeds to get the provisioning problem fixed before dealing with activation issues (if any).

Locked iphone on Public MobileLocked iphone on Public Mobile

@Germin wrote:

Yes. The Walmart agent tried everything and even tried the SIM card on his phone. 

The phone is iPhone 6 Plus from Verizon in usa

Your iPhone 6 Plus from Verizon probably  was locked to Verizon, you need to unlock your phone.

Germin

Sure. I’ve tried other phones as well 

brennanleblanc_
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Germin wrote:

Yes. The Walmart agent tried everything and even tried the SIM card on his phone. 

Did you make sure the phone was unlocked before bringing it to Public Mobile? If not, you have to contact Verizon to unlock it for you.

@GerminIf you tried another phone and it doesn't work, it is not a problem with your phone (yet).. You have to contact the Moderators with this link. Give them your particulars, SIM serial number etc.. and they will get back to you up to 48 hours..

@Germin did you check to see if phone is unlocked/compatible?

Germin

How can I access the self serve. I tried to create an account but it asks for sms confirmation which I cannot get from a no service SIM card 

@Germin wrote:

@Germin  If you have tried multiple phones and even the representitive at walmart couldn't get it to work on their phone and your account status shows active you can try the lost / stolen trick

Log into your self serve (my account) CLICK HERE then click “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” and click “Suspend Service” and click the “logout” button near your name/account balance. Wait 10 minutes. Log back and do the exact same procedure except this time click reactivate service phone found, reboot your phone. This seems to reset you sim / account and may fix your issue.

If it does not help, sorry you may just need to wait for the moderators to return your message.

Germin

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Germin I also think of if the SIM is properly placed. Did the staff place the SIM into your phone?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Germin wrote:

Hi

I've activated my new SIM card with a new phone number at Walmart 

its now two days with no service at the top left corner of the screen. I sent to the moderator and no response 

I’m so frustrated and really regret buying public mobile SIM card 

@Germin 

Does the phone says "no service" / "emergency calls only"? Have you tried to re-insert your sim card? It may not be seated properly. Have you rebooted the phone since activating? Do you have another phone to put that sim in? That would at least split the issues with either the service / sim or your phone. When you log into self serve "my account" does it say the words "Active" on the overview page?

Are you sure your phone is compatible with public mobile? What is the full model number?

Have you checked your IMEI number? Make sure that the phone has not been added to the blacklist (it happens, sometimes even by accident) https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Go into network settings is it set to "automatically select network" ? If it is, deselect it and try to do a manual network search, (it takes a few minutes be patient) what networks do you see? If you see public mobile, try connecting to it manually and report back.

Need Help? Let's chat.