Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PM: Porting number from voip.ms

Oleksiy_Ukrop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

I just activated my sim yesterday. And want to port my number from VoIP.ms

Today someone from PM called me asked to give more information (I was not able to answer, they talked to my wife).

Where do I need to give more information?

We ported my wife's number to PM last year without any issues...

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

@Oleksiy_Ukrop 

If you want to slightly speed up the process (do this in future if you are using the private message option for service requests). To follow up your service ticket with Simon send a private message to the moderators quoting your ticket reference # if possible. Put in the subject line: voip port request extra info...then in a detailed message include:

1. All the info supplied for your voip port request ie ph#, acct#, name on acct etc....
  2. Your pm acct details : full name and address on account, email, ph# and pin#, d.o.b.
  3. If you have not verified thru Simon or don't know your pin# you may also be asked any of the following to further verify your identity as the account holder.
  4. Last payment, date, amount, method, type, last 4 digits, plan amount.
  5. Recent plan changes, recent purchases of add ons and type, amount, dates.
  6. Alternative ph# if any, frequently called or texted ph# (in/out)
  7. Security question and answer.

In future if you do not use Simon to generate a ticket and verify your identity always include the info from line 2 to save time messaging back and forth. With that info and a detailed message of your issue many service requests can be completed with no further communication other than the reply to say it's been done and yours to say thank you and Ask for a review link to tell pm what a great job the moderator did ( or not?)

Oleksiy_Ukrop

Thanks.

I provided all info (I just didn't provide account number since there was no such field in PM form).

I did create ticket with voip.ms and they gave me info to provide to PM (basically the same PLUS account number).

Yes, I have couple dollars with them. I can still make outgoing calls even without assigned number.

Thanks

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You have to provided exact information about your VoIP.ms account. Voip.ms will give you the exact information for porting out.....just ask them by email. 

Also if you have money left on VoIP.ms will you get another number to exhaust the balance? There are some other uses to maintain a number with them. 

Oleksiy_Ukrop

Thanks for reply! I read voip.ms wiki - they are talking about porting in (as I understood).

I created ticket using SIMon, but it asked only about my info with PM and nothing about voip.ms

Now I'll wait for message from moderator, I guess

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Oleksiy_Ukrop 

Porting VoIP number may take up to 1 week to complete because they are not setup like a mobile provider for quick number release.

Read the following wiki why woip.ms reject your port request.

https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Port_Rejection

Read it and supply the need info to your moderator support ticket

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) -  "Port Request"

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Oleksiy_Ukrop resend your port and include the newly asked for  information. Note it may take up to 7 days for a voip provider port to complete. . Type " Port Request"  and follow the prompts to get to a moderator.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Need Help? Let's chat.