cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyAccount Sign-In has exceeded max attempts???

BBabealicious
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am getting frustrsted with trying to access my Public Mobile Account because of problems with the password. I was entering the new password I just created on MyAccount after recieving a password reset email from Public Mobile. So I clicked on the link after changing it, to the Login Page and after two attempts it gave me the same number of attempts to enter correct password, try again in an hour??? I just changed it and had to retype it twice?? I did not then proceed to next screen and then incorrectly type the wrong 'new' password??? 

6 REPLIES 6

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

@RobertQc wrote:

@BBabealicious wrote:

Thanks RobertQc for your help, there is nothing worse than having to constantly change your password and then keep track of the changes somehow and all the other numbers and passwords for everything online etc nowadays. Somehow the password worked immediately after posting my issue, and  somehow the one hour lockout wasnt an issue?? Not that Im complaining, I am really liking my Public Mobile service so far.

@BBabealiciousI am glad to hear it worked out for you. I know how frustrating it can be. I also really like public mobile service (Public mobile = Telus/Bell). Not sure where you are located but for me I am on the largest network in Ontario (10% better coverage than rogers) for the lowest price of any provider. The only downside is the part that is not the Bell/Telus network. (PM customer support delays / PM selfserve & website glitches) which imo is made up for by rewards which = cost.

Geographic Area Covered in Ontario

Network Percentage Geographic Area Covered (km2)
Bell22.53%228,035
Rogers20.59%203,641
Freedom1.72%19,229
Telus22.53%228,035

I guess @kav2001c knows I am in Ontario now 😉

Hey Robert, you might want to consider a name change to RobertOn.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try a password manager like Lastpass. It's more secure anyways (can auto generate secure passwords) and you just have to remember your master password to sign in and access the rest.

@BBabealicious wrote:

Thanks RobertQc for your help, there is nothing worse than having to constantly change your password and then keep track of the changes somehow and all the other numbers and passwords for everything online etc nowadays. Somehow the password worked immediately after posting my issue, and  somehow the one hour lockout wasnt an issue?? Not that Im complaining, I am really liking my Public Mobile service so far.

@BBabealiciousI am glad to hear it worked out for you. I know how frustrating it can be. I also really like public mobile service (Public mobile = Telus/Bell). Not sure where you are located but for me I am on the largest network in Ontario (10% better coverage than rogers) for the lowest price of any provider. The only downside is the part that is not the Bell/Telus network. (PM customer support delays / PM selfserve & website glitches) which imo is made up for by rewards which = cost.

Geographic Area Covered in Ontario

Network Percentage Geographic Area Covered (km2)
Bell22.53%228,035
Rogers20.59%203,641
Freedom1.72%19,229
Telus22.53%228,035

I guess @kav2001c knows I am in Ontario now 😉

BBabealicious
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@BBabealicious wrote:

I am getting frustrsted with trying to access my Public Mobile Account because of problems with the password. I was entering the new password I just created on MyAccount after recieving a password reset email from Public Mobile. So I clicked on the link after changing it, to the Login Page and after two attempts it gave me the same number of attempts to enter correct password, try again in an hour??? I just changed it and had to retype it twice?? I did not then proceed to next screen and then incorrectly type the wrong 'new' password??? 

@BBabealiciousMaybe one of your keys are sticking, or not responding always, caps lock is on (or was on when you create the password and is now no longer on), your shift key has a mind of its own, you had too many beers, maybe your browser is saving the old password (not updated) and its applying the old password to "help" you, maybe there is a glitch with your system, or if you are using your phone or gboard its adding a capital letter or not adding a capital letter as the first character, there are many reasons this could happen.

I suggest trying again, extremely carefully, possibly with "on screen keyboard"

A good trick is to open notepad or a similar app on your device and put in the password where it is VISIBLE, confirm it is correct, then copy the password into your clipboard (make sure there are no spaces before, or after your copy selection) and paste it into the password field, that way you know its 100% accurate. Some devices also allow you to show the password (not blank it out with ******) so you can view it while typing.

If all else fails, the mod team is the only one that can assist you with account access. 

Click this to send them a message.  Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details. 

Need Help? Let's chat.