cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Transfer Phone Number Process From Chatr To Public Mobile

zdwtom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone number is 604-xxx-xxxx, and I tried to transfer it from Chatr to Public Mobile. After filling the informtaion when I activated public mobile, I call other people using PM sim card, it seems to be no problem and showing the correct number on other people's phone. However, when other people call me back, the Chatr Phone still ring while no ring on PM phone. Same applies to text message, all text message still go to Chatr phone. The Chatr account number is attached below.

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zdwtom

Chatr online self-serve does not provide your account number

Did you call Chatr for your account?  

Did you provide Chatr account number when you ported your Chatr number?

Your port is stuck if you cannot get incoming calls.  Send a private message to moderator for help.  Moderator wait time is  2- 3 days.  While you are waiting moderator, you can continue to use your Chatr number until it stops working.  Then, your port is completed.  Start using your new PM SIM card.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If your phone number still has not been transfered, yes absolutely do contact the moderator team as mentioned earlier.  That Chatr account information that you have is the key to getting your phone number portted.  What the moderators would do is resubmit another request for you while using that account number to prove to Chatr that you are authorizing the change.

CellAid
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Trying powering down your phone and turning it back on.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@zdwtom Please do not provide any personal details as this is a public community. 

It looks like your port is stuck for some reason. If the issue remains the same after a few hours, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team, and they will need to get this fixed. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@zdwtom, how long has it been since the port was submitted?  It takes up to 2 hours for a port to complete.  You need to reboot your phone after the port is completed.  The general suggestion is to use the old service until the port is completed. 

Need Help? Let's chat.