cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming/Outgoing Calls not working

Jenny_d87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've just signed up for PM and cannot get calls to work. At first nothing worked (calls/txt/data) but after updating my APN settings I was able to connect to the public mobile network and my data & incoming/outgoing txts are working. However, I cannot make or recieve any calls. My phone is an Oppo f1s.

11 REPLIES 11

@Jenny_d87 wrote:

Yes that's true! Esp frustrated as I've obviously now paid for the month/SIM based on that, and I'm guessing won't get anything back 😐. So my options are looking like either A. switch to a rogers network plan or B. Buy a compatible phone? 

Yes those would be your options, and you are correct this is a prepaid service and there are no refunds.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jenny_d87

Yes that's true! Esp frustrated as I've obviously now paid for the month/SIM based on that, and I'm guessing won't get anything back 😐. So my options are looking like either A. switch to a rogers network plan or B. Buy a compatible phone? 

@kriseisma wrote:

Well that is very frustrating because when you type your IMEI in it literally says "your phone should be compatible with our network." She hadn't used any Canadian SIM as of yet (phone purchased in Australia ) so just put her dad's tbaytel/Rogers SIM in the phone now and it makes calls fine...

So, seems the issue is specifically with this phone & the PM network..

Yes I am sure it is frustrating but SHOULD does not mean WILL.  As well Rogers still has an old 2G network running and that is what could be getting service on her phone

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kriseisma wrote:

Well that is very frustrating because when you type your IMEI in it literally says "your phone should be compatible with our network." She hadn't used any Canadian SIM as of yet (phone purchased in Australia ) so just put her dad's tbaytel/Rogers SIM in the phone now and it makes calls fine...

Yes it has long been frustratingly misleading to new customers. Rogers still uses an earlier variation of cell tech that Telus doesn't use.

kriseisma

@kriseisma wrote:

@ShawnC13

She checked her IMEI number before signing up and it did say it was compatible. The model is A1601 (the sub models listed on your willmyphonework link dont appear anywhere so not sure which one it is). We tried the same SIM in a different phone and calls work, so it must be a setting in the Oppo phone that is preventing calls. Again, texting and data work fine. Any advice?

@kriseisma, and @Jenny_d87, the IMEI checker will only tell you if your phone has been reported lost or stolen and does not have anything to do with Network COmpatibiltiy.  We have asked PM to remove this or change how it is worded.  I am going to say that the phone isn't compatible for the network.  Has she used the Phone on any network in Canada previously?

kriseisma

@ShawnC13

She checked her IMEI number before signing up and it did say it was compatible. The model is A1601 (the sub models listed on your willmyphonework link dont appear anywhere so not sure which one it is). We tried the same SIM in a different phone and calls work, so it must be a setting in the Oppo phone that is preventing calls. Again, texting and data work fine. Any advice?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Paula2 it is best to start your own thread not tag onto someone else thread which has a different issue. Follow @will13am directions to contact mods. Use your old sim till port completes.

@Paula2 wrote:

I used the wrong IMEI Number while porting, I want to use my new phone which has a different IMEI than the one used. Requesting to cancel the porting process iniated with the old IMEI.

@Paula2, the IMEI that is used for porting purposes is the IMEI of the last phone that was connected to the sending carrier's network.  It is one of the possible 3 identifiers used to verify a number port.  This has nothing to do with the phone that you want to use on this service.  If you entered wrong porting information, the port would fail.  Since you mentioned that incoming and outgoing text works, this would suggest the number port was completed.  SMS uses the same phone number as phone calls.  If there is nothing wrong with text messaging, then it could be an account provisioning issue affecting phone calls.  One strategy that you could try is to toggle the lost phone/found phone feature in the self serve (reboot phone when toggling).  Failing that, you will need moderator team support to resolve the calling issue.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Paula2

I used the wrong IMEI Number while porting, I want to use my new phone which has a different IMEI than the one used. Requesting to cancel the porting process iniated with the old IMEI.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jenny_d87 wrote:

I've just signed up for PM and cannot get calls to work. At first nothing worked (calls/txt/data) but after updating my APN settings I was able to connect to the public mobile network and my data & incoming/outgoing txts are working. However, I cannot make or recieve any calls. My phone is an Oppo f1

What is the sub-model of your phone?  Have you checked willmyphonework.net  for network compatibility?

Need Help? Let's chat.