cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum account vs Self Serve account

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi folks,

Glad I moved here from one of the big Telcos in Canada.  Seems like a nice place to stay.

I have a question about my forum account.  I created this before I actually activated my SIM.  When I activated my SIM I put my email address for billing purposes.  This email address was different than my forum email address.  Is there a way to combine the two easily?  Or will I have to PM and admin?

Not sure if this helps but my account name for the forums is "6500K", but when I log in to my self serve account I use my email address.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Jarvar

Welcome @6500K

Glad you sorted that out. These forums are great. It’s a little different than what I am used to from a customer service model, but I think the community support gives Public Mobile its own edge. Don’t feel shy about contacting the moderators either. I’ve had to on a few occasions and they helped out quickly and efficiently whenever I needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome 6500K. Keep in mind that this forum is mostly fellow customers helping fellow customers using their experience with the services here. A few times MOD type employees and/or PM type employees will say something but mostly...to get actual account support, the only way is to send the so-called moderators a private message.

Thanks for the quick reply RobertQC.  I just replied to Dunkgirl as her suggestion seemed to help me.

This forum is great - orders of degrees better than what I was used to with B---.

Thanks Dunkgirl!  I just checked your second link and it turns out that the email address is indeed the same as my self serve account.  I could have sworn that I used another email address when I first set up this forum account.  I am assuming that since both accounts have the same email address that they are linked on the backend.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@6500K wrote:

Hi folks,

Glad I moved here from one of the big Telcos in Canada.  Seems like a nice place to stay.

I have a question about my forum account.  I created this before I actually activated my SIM.  When I activated my SIM I put my email address for billing purposes.  This email address was different than my forum email address.  Is there a way to combine the two easily?  Or will I have to PM and admin?

Not sure if this helps but my account name for the forums is "6500K", but when I log in to my self serve account I use my email address.

Thanks in advance.

For Selfserve, go to My Profile and then go to Change Username. When you change the username (email address) on the self server portal, it only changes the credentials that you will use to login.  The actual email address on record for official business such as password reset has not changed. I am not sure why the system functions this way as it can create huge problems later. The only solution is to reach out to the moderator team and have them take care of email. Click this to send them a message

If you want to change your username for the community forum (here) you will need to message the moderator team Click this to send them a message

When interacting with the moderator team, it is important to identify yourself with account PIN code, phone number / account number and provide as much information about the problem in question as possible so that the moderator team can work on the issue without having to ask for further information.  Each interaction causes further delays to problem resolution. 

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Saturday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT). It typically should be within 48 hours.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Anonymous
Not applicable

I might approach it by changing the email address in Community rather than My Account.

It's important for them to match though as Rewards will link via the email address.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@6500K wrote:

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/my-profile/edit-profile/

Click change user name (thats your e-mail) but ONLY FOR LOG IN(this is confusing)

You will want to message mods to have it properly switch for self serve back end since it doesn't actually give you the ability to change e-mail for official things (notifications or linking)

As for community e-mail, thats easy to be done properly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

I guess it depends which one you want to change, you may or may not have to contact a mod

Need Help? Let's chat.