cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchanging phone numbers between carriers.......

BarryS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a friend who wants to try PM for a couple of months before cancelling her existing mobile plan with Bell (she has the $60/m for 10gb).  She would like to port her existing number from Bell to PM and, if possible, port the new number she gets from her new PM account to Bell, just to keep her existing plan active.  Just wondering if this is possible, or maybe there is a better way to do this?  She wants to make sure she can live with the PM 3G speeds before letting go of her existing Bell plan.  If she's not happy with PM after a month or two she wants to be able to port her number back to her original Bell plan.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

You can port an active phone number that you have access to from another carrier at any time you choose to, as long as you follow Public Mobile's rule of one phone number change per 30 days.

You can actually port a phone number back and forth as many times as you like, as like as you understand that Public Mobile does not provide refunds for any abandoned plans (service will get cut off as soon as you port out), and as long you're also aware that you have to follow any rules of service at the other carrier when it comes to paying any amounts owing for your account.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would

1. just get a temp pm number and forward calls from bell to PM. 
  2. use pm sim in a differnt phone for a week or two.  and use the bell one to make calls
  3. just jump in and port ,  what plan do they currently have with bell?  can they get it again if they port out ?

I have used the 3g data and honesty did not notice any issues.  the only time you will notice is downloading uploading files and possibly if you want 4k netflix on data ( might be exagerating on this one) for average user facebook youtube etc  you will not notice much/ if any  of a differnce

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@BarryS wrote:

I have a friend who wants to try PM for a couple of months before cancelling her existing mobile plan with Bell (she has the $60/m for 10gb).  She would like to port her existing number from Bell to PM and, if possible, port the new number she gets from her new PM account to Bell, just to keep her existing plan active.  Just wondering if this is possible, or maybe there is a better way to do this?  She wants to make sure she can live with the PM 3G speeds before letting go of her existing Bell plan.  If she's not happy with PM after a month or two she wants to be able to port her number back to her original Bell plan.

Thanks!

No it isn't.  Once you port a number from any provider it closes that account.  So she would either have to go with a temporary PM number while on this service or  have her Bell account closed if she wanted to use her Bell number here.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.