cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not accept my referral code

murphdave
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just shared a referral code with my son however when he was signing up for an account and he input that code it stated that it was not a valid referral code.  From what I can see he did not get his $10 reward, I didn't get mine nor the $1 off per month.  I have tried to get in contact with Public Mobile but this community seems to be the only help I can find.  Can anyone advise please.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @murphdave 

As others have pointed out, the characters in the referral codes can be tricky, especially when dealing with zeros and the letter "O".

Unless the receiver correctly pastes the code into the activation field (and doesn't try to decipher it and type it in themselves), sometimes misjudged characters can require moderator assistance to sort out.

Your SON, as the account holder using the referral code, will have to contact the moderators and reference his account details to have the correct referral code applied.  (unless you're managing setting up the account for him and have access to his self-serve account...)

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@murphdave .... The referral code has to be exact. If in doubt, copy and paste it. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@murphdave wrote:

I just shared a referral code with my son however when he was signing up for an account and he input that code it stated that it was not a valid referral code.  From what I can see he did not get his $10 reward, I didn't get mine nor the $1 off per month.  I have tried to get in contact with Public Mobile but this community seems to be the only help I can find.  Can anyone advise please.

Many thanks

Is your refer-a-friend code contains zero "0" or capital "O"?

That may be the issue of invalid referral code.

Now, your son need to create a moderator support ticket for help using https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@murphdave...

top of page, click on Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of moderator assistance. Watch the envelop icon in top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond.

Happy Holidays 😷

BTW..only he gets the $10 credit but you get $1 Refer-a-Friend Reward every time your plan renews.

Need Help? Let's chat.