cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed faulty SIM card

AB7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered two PM SIM cards, one for myself and my mom, as new customers. I activated my mom’s SIM card and transferred her number from Freedom Mobile and her SIM was activated immediately in her iPhone - AND it works in my iPhone. 

I then activated my SIM card and transferred my Freedom Mobile number, however my iPhone and my mom’s iPhone cannot detect my SIM card at all. When I put my old Freedom SIM back in, there’s no service, obviously indicating that the transfer was successful. How can I fix this? If getting another new SIM card is the solution, then I’d prefer for PM to send me a new one at no cost. 

9 REPLIES 9

@AB7 

I'm glad you got it all worked out. Just respond to the moderators and ask for a $10 credit on your account.

@Helpershelper 

Although not common bad sim cards do come about.....walmart had a whole batch of them awhile back.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Was it possible you had 2 accounts under one name, unless it was in face a bad SIM.

AB7

Bought a new PM SIM card today and it worked immediately. Will contact the moderators for a refund of the old one. Thanks!

@AB7 

You've done everything you can to see if the sim card will work. Follow @Jb456 suggestion and contact the moderators to try and reprovision your sim card. If they are unable to do this then it may be easier and faster for you to source a retailer in your area to purchase sim card. The moderators will then apply a credit to your account equal to your purchase price.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@AB7  not truly a faulty sim as of yet. The system at sign up may have encountered a glitch and the sim card was not provisioned correctly. You'll have to reach out to moderators for them to look into.

AB7

Thanks for your suggestions! My status is active on my account and my correct phone number shows up under the plan tab. 

I’ve rebooted my phone, turned it on and off, cleaned the SIM, blown into the little insertion place... When I insert the SIM my phone doesn’t respond to it at all. When I insert my mom’s SIM, the cell service bars respond immediately so it truly appears to be a faulty SIM. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AB7 

if you go buy new SIM cards and Perform successful sim swaps.  You can ask the moderator team for a refund on your Sim card

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Contact moderator's to have them look. The Sim card may not be provisioned correctly and they have to do something on their end to fix it.

Simon.JPG

Or via private message at this link 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you used a referral code on the accounts for a $10 signup bonus. It will be credited to your accounts within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @AB7 ,

What does it say on YOUR self serve account for your status?

Did you reboot your phone when you had YOUR SIM card in?

You can check with the moderators on YOUR account to make sure it was provisioned properly.

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1600823085249.png

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.