cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Cannot calllocal numbers...says I need long distance

@Maui12 

I can understand your frustration with this. sometimes people block numbers from calling them. If this is isolated to a single number, ask the person that you are trying to call to check and see if they may have inadvertently blocked your number. You can also try the steps below:

1. Login to your self serve account.
  2. Click on "Plan and Add-Ons" tab.
  3. Click on "Lost/Stolen Phone" tab.
  4. Click on "Suspend Service" button.
  5. Logout and wait for a few mins.
  6. Login again and get back to the "Lost/Stolen Phone" tab.
  7. Click on "Resume Service" button.
  8. Restart your phone.

If that doesn't work, you can contact a mod:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Are you on limited minutes plan?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Maui12 

One thing you could try it to report your phone lost, report it found, then restart.

That should provision your account

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Maui12 wrote:

i am very frustrated....cannot dial local numbers....says I need long distance add on.....when people call my number it is busy...nohelp from anyone.....paying monthly for nothing!

What are the first 6 digits of your phone number and the first 6 digits of a couple of the numbers your trying to call? Also did you add the 1....I won't cost you to do so. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am dialing a 250  number that is my home ephone

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried the one in front...8 have no blocked numbers...very few that I call or that call me...I need my phone for some professional calls...urgent

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Maui12 wrote:

I tried the one in front...8 have no blocked numbers...very few that I call or that call me...I need my phone for some professional calls...urgent

This was asked but you didn't answer if you talked to the moderators yet. We can't fix account issues, and can only give suggestions. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Maui12 wrote:

250 is for ALL of B.C.  So some 250 calls are LD. That’s why I asked you for the first 6 digits of your number and the numbers you are calling. I will verify if they are LD or not for you. It’s an elimination process but if you won’t answer you won’t have a solution. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Maui12 wrote:

250 is for ALL of B.C.  So some 250 calls are LD. That’s why I asked you for the first 6 digits of your number and the numbers you are calling. I will verify if they are LD or not for you. It’s an elimination process but if you won’t answer you won’t have a solution. 

250 does not cover the old original "Lower Mainland" 604 area. (not sure where you are)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Maui12 wrote:

250 does not cover the old original "Lower Mainland" 604 area. (not sure where you are)

You’re correct...I missed that. But my point is the OP is calling from/to a 250 number and some 250 numbers will be LD. 

Need Help? Let's chat.