cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Automated verification text

Hi,
Since I've been with Public Mobile, I've been unable to receive automated message from my bank, like when asking to verify my identity, or receiving an Interac.

Is there a setting I should check ?

Re: Automated verification text

Some of the shortcodes do not work with Public Mobile.  Especially if the shortcode isn't part of a Canadian listing.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@xavbg36 wrote:

Hi,
Since I've been with Public Mobile, I've been unable to receive automated message from my bank, like when asking to verify my identity, or receiving an Interac.

You said "Interac" so I assume it's a Canadian bank. Which bank? Did you subscribe to SMS alerts? Bank alerts work for me (shortcode), but I opted in so you might need to opt-in first. Did you opt-in correctly (If no PM, use "TELUS" as provider)? Also, AFAIK Canadian banks don't text you to verify identity (Unless you mean TD transaction detection?)

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@xavbg36 wrote:

Hi,

Did you tell the bank that you have changed your phone number?

Highlighted

@hycm53 wrote:

@xavbg36 wrote:

Hi,

This as well, usually you need to set up again when you change your provider, even if your number didn't change.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@austinhuang wrote:

@hycm53 wrote:

@xavbg36 wrote:

Hi,

This as well, usually you need to set up again when you change your provider, even if your number didn't change.

I my case, I didn't change phone number when I am with PM and I didn't need to set up again, and I still can receive texts from the bank.

@xavbg36, are you on an older plan without international texting (ie Canada-Wide only)?

This may be the issue.  Generally, it's a problem for sending out an SMS (ie iMessage/Facetime registration), but it could possibly affect this also.

@xavbg36  Please let us know which bank. And which Public Mobile plan you have.

Some banks will send out SMS or call your phone. Others may use email notification.

If you had email-to-text notifcation, you will need to update it to something like "5551234567@msg.telus.com" if you changed provider.

Hi @stonechucker ,
Thx for your response.
I'm on a new plan (like a month old) and I have international texting

That would be problematic.
It worked fine with Fido before.