cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8UC1 and 8UC2 error messages when dialing a specific land line

tjjgr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started getting 8UC1 and 8UC2 error messages when dialing a specific land phone number - my parents in the same area. Happens with both PM phones I have access to.  Line is accessible as usual when I got my son to call the same number using his non-PM phone.

All other numbers seem OK so far.

Ideas??

12 REPLIES 12

N0Ng33k

I just phoned a 24h City phone number twice and got an 8uc3 and an 8uc1 message. I phoned a personal ( non-city) number and connected just fine. Please investigate and solve this problem.

JustinL

Perfect, thank you!

@JustinL  

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

@JustinL contact a moderator  click on the? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator       check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

JustinL

I'm having the same issue with 8UC1, 8UC2 and once, 8UC3.

I understand the preferred fix is to report it via ticket, but can't find anywhere to submit one. Can you provide the ticket portal link please?

@tjjgr wrote:

When the same landline calls my number, the call gets through.

@tjjgr If that's the case then you need to submit a ticket to PM so that the Technical department can investigate.

tjjgr

When the same landline calls my number, the call gets through.

@tjjgr wrote:

Made no recent changes, and both my phone and my wife's phone are affected when dialing the 1 number.

@tjjgr  What happens when the landline calls your number?

tjjgr

Made no recent changes, and both my phone and my wife's phone are affected when dialing the 1 number.

tjjgr

I tried with and without the '1' (10 or 11-digit dialing), with the same results.

Also tried dialing another landline in the same exchange and area code - worked fine.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tjjgr wrote:

I started getting 8UC1 and 8UC2 error messages when dialing a specific land phone number - my parents in the same area. Happens with both PM phones I have access to.  Line is accessible as usual when I got my son to call the same number using his non-PM phone.

All other numbers seem OK so far.

Ideas??

@tjjgr  Did you get a new phone or make changes to your contacts recently?  Did you just get back from vacation? What happens when you try to dial the number directly?

If you can make calls to other numbers then more than likeley the problem is on the receiving end.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@tjjgr  I found another thread on these forums, with a similar error message, and apparently the solution was to add a "1" in front of the number when calling. I have no idea if that'll do the trick, but it couldn't hurt to give it a shot. Let us know if it works.

Need Help? Let's chat.