cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xplore mobile not listed as "old service provider"

amarsh60
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I wish to transfer a phone number from my existing provider (xplore mobile), but it is not listed  under the "Old Service Provider" pull-down menu. I recall this not being an issue when I transferred over my spouse's phone a few months back.

It seems impossible to move on in the process without this information entered.

Am I missing something here?

-a

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@amarsh60 wrote:

Hello. I wish to transfer a phone number from my existing provider (xplore mobile), but it is not listed  under the "Old Service Provider" pull-down menu. I recall this not being an issue when I transferred over my spouse's phone a few months back.

It seems impossible to move on in the process without this information entered.

Am I missing something here?

-a

@amarsh60 ,

If you have not activated your Public Mobile SIM card yet and you want to make sure you can port the phone number over that you have contact the Public Mobile Moderator Team to confirm the number can be ported.

Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@amarsh60 

Public Mobile has updated their activation site.  It is possible that listing is missing or may be combined with another provider for this purpose.

If you're in the middle of the activation process, you can let the system assign a new number, then afterwards, request Moderator assistance to port your number from your prior provider.

When you do that, follow this information and process:

Transferring Or Changing Your Number After Activation

You can change your phone number once every 30 days after you have activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

You will need to provide the same information as requested during the activation process above.Your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer, so ensure your old SIM card is still in your device so you can receive and respond to this message. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until the number has been successfully transferred.

Need Help? Let's chat.