cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling app using my phone number

chantau1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

since pm doesn't offer wifi calling option, is there an app that works with my existing phone number to make phone calls over wifi since signal in my house is low to non existent.

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@chantau1 

I use WhatsApp but the both parties calling and texting each other both must have this app.

I also use TextNow with a secondary number plus I have the TextNow SIM so I can make free calls and texts without the need of wifi while in the USA.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

There are several apps that you can use from the App Store. It's up to your preferences. I personally use text now. What I like about text now is that I get a different phone number so I can sign in on that app and use that without using my phone number.

If you want to use your phone number then you can use WhatsApp. I use WhatsApp. What's up show as your number, the other person also have to have WhatsApp to use it so that could be a down fall.

With textow the other person doesn't have to have it. But with each of these, you have to have good signal for them to work.

PhoneHome8932
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi 🙂

I use the free TextNow app to talk/text on WIFI. You can choose a local phone number in the app. You could forward your PM phone number to the TextNow number. This might work for you.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@chantau1 : My guess is no, as the carrier has to enable wifi calling on their side. If the carrier doesn't support it you cannot use Wifi calling with any app. However of course you can use apps such as Signal or Whatsapp which uses wifi/data for making calls (which is different from Wifi calling). 

Need Help? Let's chat.