cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are the annual 4g plans/prepaid options?

grumbo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone point me to these if they exist please? Other carriers have a year for $99 etc, I just need a basic plan for an emergency phone for elderly parents. I feel like this used to exist but the menus are steering me towards $45 a month etc. I thought PM was the bargain brand?

4 REPLIES 4

@grumbo 

I agree but this is probably an upper management decision at Telus.

grumbo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. Odd because I thought Telus was their flagship / pricier brand. I see the $100 for a year prepaid option there (though it says "limited time offer" so it probably won't be there when it comes time to renew). I might check out 7/11 as I hear they have some reasonably priced options. 

Overall, very disappointed (though not at all unexpected) to see that Public Mobile has been "gentrified" out of it's affordable niche after having been gobbled up.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@grumbo 

You will need to go to Telus for the prepaid annual plan for $100.

@grumbo wrote:

Can someone point me to these if they exist please? Other carriers have a year for $99 etc, I just need a basic plan for an emergency phone for elderly parents. I feel like this used to exist but the menus are steering me towards $45 a month etc. I thought PM was the bargain brand?

Sorry, but Public Mobile doesn't have yearly plans.  Public Mobile only offers 30 day plans and sometimes, 90 day plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.