cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what to do if visa debit card is denied but works 2nd time

danfrawls
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I used visa debit card to activate account and at first submit it was denied so i just pressed submit again and it worked. so apparently I made duplicate request which caused issues with porting number. My husband is going to switch to pm today using a visa debit card. what should i do if the card is denied at first submission attempt so we dont have this issue again?

5 REPLIES 5

danfrawls

thanks for the help everyone, i used microsoft edge to complete application and no problem at all, number ported and fully functioning on public mobile now, thanks again

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

One option could be buy a voucher use that to activate, then once activated then add the card. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@danfrawls 

When activating new plan, one option is to get a new temporary Public mobile number first.  Once everything is active and working well, you can port your husband number afterwards via self service account. 

The website can be finicky at times.  Make sure billing address matches to your bank, leave apartment number section blank.  Chrome incognito mode works well for myself in the past.  

For porting, for most mobile companies, you will need account holder name, account number and phone number.  Ignore PIN or IME sections.  

danfrawls

I will use microsoft edge this time, by try again you mean start application from the beginning again?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@danfrawls First, try using the Chrome browser in incognito mode, it's less likely to cause errors. If it is still denied at first then wait an hour or so to make sure it didn't go through before trying again.
Need Help? Let's chat.