warning for data

RossN
Mayor / Maire

wondering if there was any warning when your data was getting low Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

yes theres warnings, u can preconfigure them, theres also apps u can use if u want more comprehensive info, u can also just go to settings, data and from there look how much u got left.

@slash407 do you mean on the phone?  If so, you can't trust that because your phone is not the sytem of record and it may not align with your cycle start date (given the 30 days plans), and for iPhones, you may not have reset it faithfully at your last renewal date, etc.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

thanks for all your replies very helpful

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@RossN wrote:

On the first page of your self-serve account you can see exactly where you are with your usage of data. MY DATA AND ADD-ONS.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Usually under your settings on your phone for data there is a billing cycle and you can set a warning for your data limit.  Also you can log into your self serve account to view your usage and also check your remaing limit.

@RossN wrote:

no I was thinking you would get a text or something stating you were running low

The texts are coming from 611 and notify you of 75% and 95% usage.

Screenshot_2019-04-17-18-29-01.jpg

no I was thinking you would get a text or something stating you were running low

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN  - Other posts indicate a warning text at 75%

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you are just worried about having to pay overage charges, that won't happen here. I know I can set my phone to notify me, however, I am not sure if PM does it or not. I have never come close enough to running out to find out.

@RossN wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.