cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail access from external line after resetting password not possible with 10 digit number

robmue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
 I want to access my voicemail externally. After resetting my voicemail password in selfserve.publicmobile my account it should be temporaryly my 10 digit phone number now. 

Now if I  call my cell number from another line then as soon as I reach greeting press (star) key  prompted to enter VM password I get allways the message INVALID PASSWORD.  Do I need to do that via cellphone publicmobile voicebox call first ? Unfortunately I have no cellcoverage where I live and need to check my voicemail from Landline.

4 REPLIES 4

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite wrote:

Are you sure you've created a 10 digit voicemail password? I thought they were 4 digits. The 10 digit phone number is your mailbox number not your PIN.

After you "Reset Voicemail Password" your password will temporarily be your entire phone number, for example: 905-333-4444
After you enter your phone number as your password, you will be able to pick a new voicemail PIN number. Woman Happy

You may have to wait until you have cellular access: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Voice-mail-setup/m-p/88427#M10496.

If you remember the 4 digit PIN you gave when creating your account try that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Are you sure you've created a 10 digit voicemail password? I thought they were 4 digits. The 10 digit phone number is your mailbox number not your PIN.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To access your Voicemail after Password Reset you have to do that from your cell phone

Need Help? Let's chat.