cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice mail

Rondrake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I acquired a new phone-however I have no voice mail. When I ring the voice mail, I get a message saying " you do not have an active long distance add-on on your plan therefore the call cannot be completed" .  I had voice mail with the previous phone and the same plan as I have with the new phone. Why do I not have voice mail with the new phone?  Please advise.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Rondrake wrote:

I acquired a new phone-however I have no voice mail. When I ring the voice mail, I get a message saying " you do not have an active long distance add-on on your plan therefore the call cannot be completed" .  I had voice mail with the previous phone and the same plan as I have with the new phone. Why do I not have voice mail with the new phone?  Please advise.

Thanks

Check here. All you need to know. 

@Rondrake 

I've had this happen.....make a couple of calls to other people then try your voicemail again. If you still get the same result log into your account. Report your phone lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 5 min. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot phone. Try your voicemail again. It should reset itself. If not contact the moderators.

To every one else who responded after @Rondrake  told us their plan is the $35/1.5gb it is not necessary to buy the $5/500 min add on that plan includes unlimited calling.

willyboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looks like you might have run out of minutes. To check, just go to your account and it will show you under usage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rondrake wrote:

my plan is 35.00 1GB long distance Canada and US. unlimited text and voicemail...on the screen where it shows new voicemail it also shows dial *86 then it tells me i don t have an add  on to complete...but i have my data...people are leaving messages on there....

Check the voicemail access number in the voicemail option. It's not *86 here. It needs to be one of the access numbers like +17785804001. Some phones let you change this. On activation, it should have set itself up.

@Rondrake 

On a side note, if you are on the old $35 plan, there is a new $35 limited time promotion for 2GB data instead of the 1.5 GB data (with autopay).  You could schedule plan change at next renewal.  

2 things @Rondrake  use @Nezgar 's updated voicemail list to find a local number

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

And change it on your phone.  

Add  the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter it followed by #  - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

@Rondrake 

@Rondrake wrote:

my plan is 35.00 1GB long distance Canada and US. unlimited text and voicemail...on the screen where it shows new voicemail it also shows dial *86 then it tells me i don t have an add  on to complete...but i have my data...people are leaving messages on there....

@Rondrake until you get the issue resolved you can check your messages if you have access to another phone  dial your number when you start hearing the voicemail greeting, immediately press *.  You'll then be asked for your voicemail password and you can check your messages

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rondrake  Try the sim in your old phone. Try accessing you voicemail if you get the same error then you minutes have been used up. Renew your existing plan early or purchase the 500 minute add-on for $5.

@Rondrake did you set up your voicemail?  Heres an article on setting it up 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

If its set up, go into your voicemail app and check the number. Add a 1 in front of the number.  Stay safe. 

@Rondrake hi it sounds like you need to speak to a moderator click on the ? bottom right hand  corner ask Simon to speak to a human follow the prompts and this will create a ticket to speak with a moderator

@Rondrake 

Sounds like there is an issue with your account. Contact the moderators and they can set your voicemail properly. Contact them through this link:

Message a Moderator 

Rondrake

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Rondrake if you are on a limited minute plan voicemail takes up minutes to call. You can add on 500min for $5.00 to call back your voicemail. 

Have a great day. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Rondrake hi are you on a limited minutes plan? sounds like you ran out of minutes,you need minutes to check your voicemail,check in your self serve account to see,look under plans and add ons if there are no minutes showing than they are all used up if this is the case you can purchase 500 minutes for 5 bucks

PilotCass

If you go to your phone dialer and hold 1, does that work?

Need Help? Let's chat.