Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice mail

mishafljin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

So I just got a new PM number.

My sis tried to call me (with european number mobile phone) but I rejected her call. However, although I rejected the call, she lost some money from her account.
Was that because of the voice mail?

I can't find the info how to get to my voice mail and how to disable my voice mail to avoid such charges in future.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@samanthakeizer @mishafljin stated that the sister was calling from Europe, not from a PM phone line.

@mishafljin my suggested resolution to this is have your sis text you before calling to find out if you will be able to take the call. Then she can avoid calling you at a time when you can't answer and voicemail will pick up, costing her money.  OR, you could just ignore her call instead of rejecting, and tell her to hang up after 3 rings if you haven't picked up, so that she hangs up before voicemail kicks in.  That's about the best I can come up with.....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

samanthakeizer
Hello, in response to your question was your sister using a Public mobile phone? Most if not all phone companies charge for a call as soon as it is answered or the voicemail picks up before they hang up the phone. I hope this helps.

@mishafljin Just block that number from your phone settings. This assumes you do not want to block all callers from leaving messages.

Also have a look here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/disable-voicemail/td-p/56358

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@mishafljin wrote:
Oh, come on..When I arrived to Canada, first I had to get used to all these polite, nice people around me and now you suddenly deny my rights of choosing whether I want a voice mail or not 🙂 jk

Thanks for help.
I'll definitely make a suggestion (if there is an email address).

Cheers!

There is no email address.  Suggestions go into the labs section of this forum.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/idb-p/Public_Lab

mishafljin
Oh, come on..When I arrived to Canada, first I had to get used to all these polite, nice people around me and now you suddenly deny my rights of choosing whether I want a voice mail or not 🙂 jk

Thanks for help.
I'll definitely make a suggestion (if there is an email address).

Cheers!

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

@mishafljinthat must be charged when accessing your voicemail.

There is no way to actually disabled, it has been discussed many times in the forum. 

There is only way is making a very long waiting period, or very long greeting, which is sometimes annoying.

There isnt much mod can do in this case.  You can make a suggestion to have it disabled to the company.  Pretty sure many wants this feature to be disabled.

mimmo

This topic has been discussed a couple times. Only current way is to change to extended away greeting. BUT that fist disables leaving a message.

Search forum for boicemail

oldman

At times, the response can be slow but they will get back to you... I hope 😉

There is no call centre for support here.  Here is all the info for contacting the Mods http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mishafljin

I've already tried that but no one replied my since morning.
I'll send to Mary too, thanks.

oldman

Your best option would be to private message a moderator with your question... @Mary_M

mishafljin

Honestly, that's absurd. There should be an option for that.
With every 4-5 EU mobile companies that I had in my life, I could turn off/on the voice mail whenever I wanted to. Or call help service so they turned it off/on instead of me.

Is there anyone I can call regarding this? Is there a PM help service, someone who can help me if I have somekind of a problem?

But thanks for replying.

mimmo
Once into voicemail you have to go into the settings. But there is no way to actually disable. Can get the extended greeting. Back in Italy people would let phone ring twice, then hang up. Maybe she needs to do that...

tapiocapearl

On my phone, I just dialled "1" and it goes to voicemail.  

oldman

I would imagine her charge was because she reached your voice mail.

From your cell, call your own number but I'm not sure if you can disable it or not.

Need Help? Let's chat.