cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unregistered SIM

mikealt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a used unlocked Sam A5(2017) former telus phone and a brand new SIM card bought at walmart kiosk that keeps saying SIM unregistered, sometimes not provisioned and other times emergency calls only.

I have removed/ reinserted, turned on/off airplane mode, turned on/restarted phone and checked that the APN is correct. I have run the IMEI thru the check and comes across as clean.

I have repeatedly reentered SIM number on the my account self serve option. On my account it shows my account is active and system gladly took my money.

On the phone's system setting under SIM status it shows telus as the provider but no number and states unregistered.

Is there a phone number to call as a ticket has been submitted and still no response?

13 REPLIES 13

@softech wrote:

not sure when did you activate.. but note that it could take 15 mins to 4 hours for a new account to activate.. in the mean time, keep rebooting the phone every 15 mins  

An account should never take 15 minutes, let alone 4 hours to start working after the activation process has been completed. Activation is immedate and the service also works immediately if the process went smoothly.

rajm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@gpixel wrote:

@rajm is your device a dual sim? if it is try the other slot

I maybe 🪨d

@gpixel no, my device isn't dual sim. Btw, my services are ON now. I guess I just had to wait.

Thanks everyone for your help.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rajm is your device a dual sim? if it is try the other slot

I maybe 🪨d

rajm

@esjliv wrote:

@rajm wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@rajm wrote:

Hi there.

I seem to have the same problem. I hope you have raised a ticket to the moderators.

I tried scouring the community for earlier such issues and I haven't really found anything that works. It seems we'll just have to wait until the moderators or someone from PM notices this and gets back.

Thanks for posting.

Hi @rajm ,

If your credit card got charged, insert your PM SIM, reboot your phone and see if you have any services.

Is your phone locked to your previous provider? Contact them to unlock it for you.

You will need your imei number dial *#06# to get it.

If you were not charged, wait 50 minutes, clear your browser's cache, open a tab in incognito mode, try not to move back in pages during the activation process and you should be good to go.

Hope all goes smoothly next time!

Hi @esjliv 

Yes, my credit card got charged. I tried putting the SIM card into different phones - but I see the same "Not registered to network" everywhere.

I know my devices are unlocked (I also have an international roaming SIM card which I see is working in all my devices).

I have created a ticket for the mods. Awaiting further troubleshooting instructions.

Hi @rajm - just checking....are you currently in Canada? You mentioned roaming SIM which is throwing me off. The PM SIM will only work in Canada or in USA with a roaming addon.

@esjliv Yes, I'm in Toronto! I mentioned the roaming SIM (its a SIM card from abroad which is roaming in Canada) to emphasis on the fact that my device isn't carrier locked.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rajm wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@rajm wrote:

Hi there.

I seem to have the same problem. I hope you have raised a ticket to the moderators.

I tried scouring the community for earlier such issues and I haven't really found anything that works. It seems we'll just have to wait until the moderators or someone from PM notices this and gets back.

Thanks for posting.

Hi @rajm ,

If your credit card got charged, insert your PM SIM, reboot your phone and see if you have any services.

Is your phone locked to your previous provider? Contact them to unlock it for you.

If you were not charged, wait 50 minutes, clear your browser's cache, open a tab in incognito mode, try not to move back in pages during the activation process and you should be good to go.

Hi @esjliv 

Yes, my credit card got charged. I tried putting the SIM card into different phones - but I see the same "Not registered to network" everywhere.

I know my devices are unlocked (I also have an international roaming SIM card which I see is working in all my devices).

I have created a ticket for the mods. Awaiting further troubleshooting instructions.

Hi @rajm - just checking....are you currently in Canada? You mentioned roaming SIM which is throwing me off. The PM SIM will only work in Canada or in USA with a roaming addon.

rajm

@esjliv wrote:

@rajm wrote:

Hi there.

Thanks for posting.

Hi @rajm ,

Hi @esjliv 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rajm wrote:

Hi there.

Thanks for posting.

Hi @rajm ,

rajm

Hi there.

Thanks for posting.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mikealt wrote:

I have a used unlocked Sam A5(2017) former telus phone and a brand new SIM card bought at walmart kiosk that keeps saying SIM unregistered, sometimes not provisioned and other times emergency calls only.

I have removed/ reinserted, turned on/off airplane mode, turned on/restarted phone and checked that the APN is correct. I have run the IMEI thru the check and comes across as clean.

I have repeatedly reentered SIM number on the my account self serve option. On my account it shows my account is active and system gladly took my money.

On the phone's system setting under SIM status it shows telus as the provider but no number and states unregistered.

Is there a phone number to call as a ticket has been submitted and still no response?

Your SIM card is not have good contact with your Samsun A5.

1.  Take your PM SIM card out and use a good pencil eraser to clean the contacts on your PM SIM card.  Good pencil eraser does not leave any residues behind after use.

2.  Check the thickness of your old Telus SIM card.  If the Telus SIM card is thicker than the your PM SIM card, your SIM slot in your Samsung A5 may have more for your thinner PM SIM card to move around.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mikealt hi try resetting your network settings. please leave the APN settings alone. Samsung doesn't need APN adjustments. the phone will provide the correct APN settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

softech
Oracle
Oracle

not sure when did you activate.. but note that it could take 15 mins to 4 hours for a new account to activate.. in the mean time, keep rebooting the phone every 15 mins  

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mikealt wrote:

@mikealt hi have you tried to do a network reset?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

did you check if the Self Serve account showing the last 4 digit?  it matches yours?

did you just activate today? 

do you have another phone to try as well?

Need Help? Let's chat.