Did you mean: 

gwgarrioch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Smiley Frustrated

20 REPLIES 20

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28, I agree with you.  

Frustration builds up when issues are not resolved in a timely manner.  I have been rather surprised with the super long delays.  I am in the same boat as everyone else and would have to wait the couple of weeks if I needed customer service as well.. and that thought is stressful to me.  

The big boss himself came forward with reassurances that they are working to the best of their ability to squash the bugs and fix things.  Unfortunately for us, things haven't progressed as quickly as we would like. 

Now what?  I honestly dont know.  I am happy that my PM line is fully fucntional.  Can take a little comfort in knowing that only small percentage are affected by these glitches.  But, it really sucks for those who are stuck in these situations.  

Perhaps, BUT Not everything goes acording to plan.

@imm1304, U should at least admit, the amount of issues flying around is very taxing, and can bring out the ugly, IF things aren't rectified in time.

Perhaps a different angle is required, a different mindset, Something radical is needed to stem the tide, and to prune the Glitches into the light, and judgement to be laid on these glitches.

It's the only way for PM to move forward, they can't keep this going for eternity, we need a hero of the hour who will dredge the glitches away from PM and restore confidence

Just my opinion

imm1304

@makkahn28, my long story short:  Go to CCTS.  

There is an article in the "Knowledge Base" section of the community titled What is CCTS?

On a sidenote, I wouldn't expect anything less than a strong, aggressive defence from the defendants.  Even if they were to turn around and act magnanimous later. 

All things like user error, full disclosure of the mode of customer services offered by PM, the OP's own admission that he/she assumed there would be a phone number to call if something went wrong, etc, etc would all be brought in to sharp focus by the defendants. 

i agree with @imm1304, you get less money through a class action law suit, compared to going to the CRTC or just simply calling your credit card company lol

@imm1304, that maybe simple, BUT, I think that in some ways, it's 50/50, Some user error, to be fair, the other, PM error, to be fair

How to reduce error to ZERO

Requires Bold, Daring, Lord Vader style thinking, perhaps not the Force, but the breathing alone may bring some effective changes to how to solve problems

Maybe it requires a lady's touch, softer, gentler hands to bring out the best in CS

imm1304

Hi @gwgarrioch,

You are rightfully upset and free to take whatever actions.  Do carefully consider the feasibility of litigation in this matter.

Typical timeframe is several years.  As the representative plaintiff, you will be spending a lot of time attending meetings (statements, affidavits, etc) and testifying.  Once a lawfirm takes your case, it still needs to be certified by a judge who needs to be satisfied by your claims and agrees that there are legitimate grounds to proceed.  Typically, this is where large corporations defend aggressively and file motion for dismissal and counter-claim for legal costs.  

If the certification motion is not successful, a judge can order the representative plaintiff (you) to pay the costs of the company sued, and these amounts can be substantial.  Your lawyer can apply to the Law Foundation for partial funding for your class-action and in return they would take 10% of the award and agree to pay the cost-awards to PM should your motion fail to certify.  

An application to the law foundation may be a good test to see if this is worth going forward with.  They would only agree to fund your lawsuit if they see genuine potential for rewards that are significantly higher than the legal costs of the defendants (PM/Telus) in the event that the certification motion fails. 

Best case scenario is that 500 disgruntled PM customers join your class-action, your total claim estimate would be for roughly around $75,000 ($135 X 500 +extra).  Lawyers usually take away a fixed percentage, i.e. 25-30%.  Take away the law foundation's 10% and there will be roughly $40,000 for the 500 class members.  Thats roughly $80 per person on what initially cost you $135 3 to 5 years ago. 

If couple of weeks made you lose patience, keep in mind that lawsuits require infinite patience and any potential awards may take up to 5 years to be delivered.  

Should you come to a conclusion that its worth teaching PM a lesson by moving forward, then I wish you best of luck.  

Personally, I would just deal via CCTS and be done with this within weeks with a full refund.  

Well, it is the Holiday season, perhaps the issues have created some sort of issue that requires PM to maintain some silence, until they can figure out what went wrong. 

Hoping PM Mods get back into action, we really need them

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What I wanna know is where are the staff? Why have they not given us any information on these issues and why it's so hard for them to fix it?

I think posting this is not exactly helpful, though I clearly understand what your experiencing, which in my opinion is kinda unacceptable.

If I should say, I think NOW, PM should have done the Promo either b4 or After the US Roaming, as it's apparent that doing both which have had some issues, they should have waited UNTIL one was functioning adequately prior to commencing with the other, so as to ensure smooth transaction, in my opinion 

gwgarrioch

Heaven forbid the post be removed lol. Maybe some attention from a mod would be welcomed. Think about it. 

Use your social media get attention that way also make it more public if that is what you want to do.  Probably just lucky they are to busy to be patrolling the forum to remove threads or this would be gone

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gwgarrioch

gwgarrioch

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I understand that you aren't getting the service you have paid for and that their response time is very long.  But to use a platform that they provide to promote a possible lawsuit against them is pretty bold

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

misikonr

I use my phone for business cannot recieve phone calls for the last 9 days and zero custumer service this is costing my reputation, whats going on!

misikonr

I use my phone for business cannot recieve phone calls for the last 9 days and zero custumer service this is costing my reputation, whats going on!

Ticket #6522-8406

rehii

I personally would not use public mobile for a business line - that's what corporate plans are for with the big telcos

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

its a "buyer beware" situation. You should have done more research before comitting to this. Also there have been numerous posts about them working through the back log. Also, this really wont do any good? A class action law suit because your number still hasnt been ported? There are other alternatives rather than going to a law firm (wasting more money) You can complain to the CRTC, or issue a charge back with your credit card company

Michael6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I only agree with you partially. You should have read up on the fact that no customer support was available.

However, since telus does have grandfathered PM phone support, they could temporarily open up that support to fix system issues.

Good luck to you.

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I can hear your pain.

However, for a lawfirm to do this for you, they probably have to get a big cut, or can get pubilicity from this. My random guess is that there are probably around 80 accounts max who are still with activation/porting issue. With such a small pool of affected users, I don't think there's a good chance you can find a lawfirm to do this.

For your situation, you are proberly better offer complaining to the C R T C.

Need Help? Let's chat.