cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to update payment method on public mobile app

kaorukaoru
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi !

so today, i am unable to update my payment / credit card information on the PM APP.

it asks me to put in my postal code, but as soon as i start typing it in, it freezes. i can't get past the first letter.

i deleted the app, and re-installed the app 4 times, i have location on, and the same issue. it freezes when i try to type in my postal code.

by the way, previously i never had to put in my postal code just to update my payment information.

please help. thanks !! 

9 REPLIES 9

De3p

Same issue, unable to update creditcard details and current card is expired. My renewal is Oct 4th. 

@kaorukaoru 

@kaorukaoru wrote:

hi, yes i did.. several times. the same error:

"Sorry, we’re not able to process this request at this time. Please try again later"

i have now asked an agent to cancel my account altogether. they have not gotten back to me yet, so just out of curiousity, have you bought vouchers online ? i have the $19 a month plan, before taxes.. have you used vouchers ? thanks !

For one of my accounts, I purchase payment vouchers in store (Shoppers Drug Mart).  Online, several customers use muskbird.com or recharge.com.  Muskbird.com has lower service fees.  

hi, yes i did.. several times. the same error:

"Sorry, we’re not able to process this request at this time. Please try again later"

i have now asked an agent to cancel my account altogether. they have not gotten back to me yet, so just out of curiousity, have you bought vouchers online ? i have the $19 a month plan, before taxes.. have you used vouchers ? thanks !

AveragePerson

Did you try going here directly and updating your CC:

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card

kaorukaoru

please help. no one has a solution. i have tried this in browsers, in incognito, and ofcourse with the app itself. if there is no way to help me, i would like to cancel my subscription, i don't mind to lose my number, and have you / PM to remove my credit card information permanently. please let me know what my options are, as i can't just wait around for this issue to be fixed. it is ridiculous that pm makes it this hard to process payments.. i can't believe that i can't even update a cc. 

kaorukaoru

yes, just now, i tried in the browser as well.  I keep getting an error of "Sorry, we’re not able to process this request at this time. Please try again later."  I've tried on different days, hours apart, still getting the same message. by the way, this was initially my issue back in april/may this year, and then somone suggested getting the PM app, which i did and which seemed to work fine, until now. now, the app freezes, i can't get past the first letter of the postal code it asks me to type in. i never needed to type in a postal code before on the app.

so..what now ? i think i have tried this in incognito as well .. 

you were trying with app, did you try browser?

kaorukaoru

hi !

i have actually been trying since yesterday, the 19th. so i guess, there is no immediate solution, or do we know why this happens ? thanks !

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

try using the browser to update as well.  But it is "normal" that it might take many attempts to get it working

are you in a hurry to pay? if not, wait a day and try again,  or try next week if still fails

Need Help? Let's chat.