cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to receive calls/ only text msge

Dorisslw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Could anyone help me to resolve the above issue please....?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Dorisslw wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

What type of phone are you using?  Is this a new phone to you, is it compatible with the PM network?  If you just activated and put in a port request it could take up to 2-4 hours to complete.  Just looking for a bit more information so we can help you better.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dorisslw wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

Did you just port your number to PM?

If yes, how long ago?

FYI: Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  If your old SIM card is still working, continue to use it until it stop working.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dorisslw 

please give us more details so we can help you.

Did you just port your number?
Are you able to make calls?

is your data working?

Are you able to send out texts?

Thanks

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Dorisslw  try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5    minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there. 
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
My settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Anonymous
Not applicable

What plan are you on?

Need Help? Let's chat.