cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to make calls. system says please call 611

jonyun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi ive had my account for about 8 months now.  i was previously able to to make calls and text.  the account is autopay with call and text.

i havent used the phone in 4 months tho ( still paying — myaccount shows active and no owing balance )

but today i tried to make a call but i get a recording say “sorry we cannot complete your call.  please call us at *611 for assistance”

it is also not able to send or receive texts.  

i called *611 but did not find an option to resolve this through the automated options.  i couldnt get an option to speak with anyone either

i added extra monies into the account but still cannot call.  i tried changing the plan — it processed but i still get the same message say “we cannot complete your call...”

there is no mention of minutes, long distance not in plan.  i tried dialing 3 didferent canadian numbers with and without 1- and or area codes.  

even though the phone was previously working i put the sim in 2 other unlocked phones to try and get the same error.  

any ideas

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jonyun

thanks z10 and alex for super fast response

even though the account said it was active

suspending/reporting stolen and reactivating reenabled its service

thanka again

jonyun

it says active

ill try suspending it and reactivating though

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@jonyunThere has been a problem with account renewals recently, does your account say Active, Suspended or Expired?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonyun 

Would you be willing to post a screen snip of your overview page? Blank out personal info of course.

Check for the last 4 digits of your SIM card number in the Change SIM function in the self-serve.

While you're there try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.