cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to make calls but text works

danimal99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so i just upgraded to samsung a32 5g from an s7 edge i changed all apn settings in new phone but i cant send or recieve calls it jus times out plug sim in old phone works fine text works fine on new phone but while playing with trying to get it going i turned off wifi rebooted phone tryed calling said lte for 1 sec call connect heard it ring 1 second then call dropped again my plan is active text works i read somewhere could be use volte for calls but i dont have an option to turn on in settings as videos online show how to enable... i am a long time customer i read article sais afetr a date its auto ive been on public for like 5 years am i missing a setting? also in my connections i have a mobile internet connection that is default i cant change anything so i add new but it wont let me remove or edit the stock one so i just add new im lost any help would apprecaited with a kudos pls advise if u have any insight

5 REPLIES 5

@danimal99 wrote:

the phone doesnt have a 3g setting it has 5g/lte/wcdma/gsm or lte/wcdma/gsm and wcdma/gsm i tryed the last one hoping maybe that meant 3g but i jus get no service when thats activated... so went back to 5g auto im under the understanging like my plan is an old 3g plan but its supposed to connect via lte but jus give 3g speeds unless im missing something

@danimal99 , by chance do you have a dual SIM model from overseas?  I have a suspicious feeling there might be band compatibility issues here.  wcdma/gsm is the same as 3G and if that setting does not provide a connection, that means the 3G bands on the phone are not compatible with the 3G bands used by this service.  Incompatible 3G bands would also explain the call failures.  This service is extremely restrictive with the VoLTE whitelist and if your phone is not whitelisted for VoLTE, calls will drop the connection to 3G (wcdma/gsm) which you have determined is not compatible.  What you can do is on the dialer, call *#*#4636#*#* to bring up a hidden menu.  Select phone information and then IMS status.  If IMS is registered and VoLTE is available, the phone is on the VoLTE whitelist.  

danimal99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the phone doesnt have a 3g setting it has 5g/lte/wcdma/gsm or lte/wcdma/gsm and wcdma/gsm i tryed the last one hoping maybe that meant 3g but i jus get no service when thats activated... so went back to 5g auto im under the understanging like my plan is an old 3g plan but its supposed to connect via lte but jus give 3g speeds unless im missing something

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

APN won't affect call

can you test the sim again on the old phone?

and id it works, put it back to the new phone and try again.  You might want to try changing network mode to 3G

if nothing makes it work, asl PM to check the system for you 

open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @danimal99 

Try resetting your network settings. Sometimes the phone may have another providers info there that can mess with PM settings. Then do a reboot. Also, this new phone, is it unlocked? Have you checked online if it is?

Need Help? Let's chat.