cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with my daughter new activation with failure to resume activation, it loops to login page

GCOLLRIN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please help with my daughter's issue where she created a new public mobile account with a sim card, and we run into problem with looping resume activation, it just keep going to a login page

she was unable to create a community account to seek assistance so I am tasked to assist.

1. she created an public mobile account with her email (email can be provided)

2. she is an existing koodo prepaid and wishes to keep her number

3. attempt to us the public mobile app gets a little further but give a blank page when needs to login for help.  there is a message on the transfer number saying "invalid Phone number"  please enter a valid Canadian number, if transferring from Koodo prepaid, please contact customer support agent by clicking 'need help' found at bottom of the screen. 

i have her old phone number, old imiei, new imei, but we are unable to push forward and need assistance.

please advise as she is quite frustrated and I hope that you will be able to provide guidance to help her join public mobile.... 

9 REPLIES 9

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@GCOLLRIN 

2 hours and 32 minutes for a response from customer support from opening hour. Response times tend to speed up after they respond to the messages submitted overnight like mine.

@GCOLLRIN 

If your daughter can’t access her Koodo account. Make sure her account is still active because once it is closed then she can’t port her number over so contact Koodo to confirm then get the account number. If it is closed then there is an extra step you need to do.

For smoother porting, use the account number and not the IMEI.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@GCOLLRIN 

Once you can access the new pm account you will need to send a detailed message to customer support using the link below. Include both the name koodo phone # and acct# or IMEI# for now.....send a follow up message if you get the acct #.

Also include:

1. The full name and address on the pm account.
  2. Email, temporary phone # and 4 digit account pin # (if you are able to set one in the pm self serve account's profile page)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Only include the above info in your private messages with the CS_Agent. Put "porting from koodo prepaid" in the subject line.

@GCOLLRIN wrote:

thank you,  we can create a temporary new number with public mobile, 

question, how long need wait for "activated properly?"

question, we have the IMEI of Koodo, but we do not have the account number as my daughter is unable to login to the koodo application, how important is the account number in this process?

@GCOLLRIN 

If activating a new phone number, it should be within a few minutes. 

Getting the Koodo account number would be better than IME, but you can try with IME.  

GCOLLRIN

at this time we have created the public mobile with a generated number. and we are going to acknowledge the eversafe by placing the pm sim in another device

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@GCOLLRIN 

It can probably be done without the account # but with additional account info to verify the account holder. Have you tried calling koodo customer service to get the account #? Alternatively it could also be embedded in the "Sent to" portion of the original koodo welcome email.

Edit:

Customer support seems a little slow today....could be 2+ hours for the first reply after submitting a private message. Be as detailed as possible and see if you can get the account # in the meantime so you don't have to waste time with back and forth verification questions.

GCOLLRIN

thank you,  we can create a temporary new number with public mobile, 

question, how long need wait for "activated properly?"

question, we have the IMEI of Koodo, but we do not have the account number as my daughter is unable to login to the koodo application, how important is the account number in this process?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@GCOLLRIN 

all new accounts require to be set up using the PM app. Once successfully activated, you can delete the app in favour of using the laptop.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@GCOLLRIN 

Sorry to hear about your daughter's frustrations.  

Since Koodo prepaid and Public mobile share the same backend processes, you will need to activate with a temporary new PM number.  Once everything is activated properly, then contact customer service agent (CSA) to complete the porting process from Koodo.  Provide your Koodo account number, phone number and Koodo account holder name to the CSA afterwards.  

Need Help? Let's chat.