cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with US roaming/talk/text service

CD66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I get my money back for a USA add on that didn't work?  The first one purchased worked but the 2nd one did not.  Was within the guidelines, did all the fixes that were suggested but nothing helped.

3 REPLIES 3

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you could ask agent for refund.

PM will have T-mobile 2G network for US talk. Try to manually connect to T-mobile.

Roaming is for Data only. Voice and SMS text will still work.

Data will work on LTE, but will switch over to 2G to make a call.

However, the quality of service will vary depending on the different coverage areas when roaming in the USA.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CD66   are you re-buying the exact same US roaming add-on? 

did you wait 24 hours (or 12 hours) after the first one expired and re-buy?  The wait is needed

You can first check if PM took the money and leave it as Available Fund.  Login My Account using Incognito mode.  If it did, you can leave it in your account for use towards future plan renewal.  Or if you still need the roaming now, you can wait the 24 hours and then try again.  If the money is sitting at Available Fund, the system will use the money there for the purchase

If you really need it refund, you can try, but it could take a week or two for PM to process.  

Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Re-buying roaming add-ons is problematic. Do you see the amount in your balance? Are you still needing the roaming or are you home now?

Need Help? Let's chat.