cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble porting for over a month Please help!!

lowridin_guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K

So I've successfully ported my number over to PM as well as others (wife, friends etc).

My issue has been with my mom's port from Koodo.  I setup her PM account as a new number in case there was a hiccup (good thing I did).  I've been in touch with PM over Twitter (DM) but still waiting on the port over from Koodo.

Thing is she's been paying for Koodo account for almost 2 months while she has already prepaid for PM.

Please HELP!!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's correct

lowridin_guy

Thanks.  Should my mom have to keep her PM sim card in the phone for the port to work?

Nobody has the temporary PM phone number and she doesn't want to miss calls on her "real" (koodo #) so she keeps the Koodo sim in.

I assumed that once the port happened the Koodo sim would stop working and that would be a sign to insert the PM sim.

Am I correct?

fiveplustwo77
I had similar experience. After 12 days without service a mod replied to say problem fixed but will have to wait 72 hours to receive a notification SMS. It worked after 48 hrs but not SMS notification. If you find phone without service just reboot

lowridin_guy

I used a different email address.  She was on prepaid earlier this year but switched a while back.

I have tried numerous time porting myself with no luck.  Just keep getting generic error message.

I was told on Twitter (DM) Wednesday that the port should take 72 hours.  Checked today and both lines still active.  😞

mimmo

here is one guide i found (read entire thread) 

not sure the risk factor now vs before... 

imm1304

Hey @lowridin_guy,

Sorry to hear about the long delay.

Would @Saray_O be able to look into this and please help out?  Thanks.

mimmo

did you set up her koodo account and PM account with the same email address? is it a koodo prepaid?

if no to both you should be able to port  the number yourself.  there are guides in the forums.  will see if i can find.

else you need to send shazia a private message with all your porting info include the PM sim number if possible.  

reference this thread  aswell.  not sure where on the backlog they are.  but i think they have been catching up.

Need Help? Let's chat.