cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring landine to Public from Tek Savvy

cne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We signed up with Public Mobile a week and a half ago. We are still waiting for the landline to transfer over. This seems a little long. Using her cell phone, my wife can text with old landline number, make calls with old landline number, but cannot receive calls. All calls to her still go to landline. Suggestions?

help appreciated...thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@cne maybe they can't port the number .. it seems when a moderator doesn't know what to do they just sit in silence

cne

The port request was done a week and a half ago. I did send a private message last night with all of my info. Still nothing.

@cne since you are able to log into your self service account.  Choose a temporary cell phone number. At least you can use your cell while the port completes itself. Note it can take up to 7 days if its a voip or landline and your Teksavvy account must be active to port your number.  The port will close it once its completed. 

20200723_093448.jpg

Then send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. Type " Port Request " in the subject message field. Give them the name on the account,  the number to port and the Teksavvy account number. 
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

cne

-Called Tek Savvy. They have no record of a port request.

-Have attempted to open a ticket on three different browsers. Next button and Submit Ticket button are all disabled. cleared cache, tried on different computers.

- Attempted to port the number via my account settings. Message in red text states it is unable to perform request, and I need to open a ticket ( doesn't work ).

-Also, phone is compatible.

- Are there any other options?. I am stuck with a unusable phone, zero ability to make any changes via Public "customer service", a new Landline bill, and a Public mobile bill for a half-working phone.

- Any help before I dump this " provider "?

-

cne

Sent private message. Thanks.

@Korth wrote:

@computergeek541 

Old carriers used to do this (circa 2016?). Maybe they'd contact the new carriers. Probably the rules have changed.

The number portability rules have been set this way since 2007. It was purposely set up this way so that the departing customer does not need to talk to the old carrier. What you are saying is for the two companies to talk to each other and manually process the request, but number porting is supposed to be an automated procedure (unless something goes wrong). The only way to make use of the automated porting procedure is to have the new carrier submit the request.

@computergeek541 

Old carriers used to do this (circa 2016?). Maybe they'd contact the new carriers. Probably the rules have changed.

I mentioned the possibility because I know how MNP works (more or less) but don't have any experience with LNP.

@Korth wrote:

@cne 

How was the number port request submitted?

Ideally, it should have been through or from the new provider (Public Mobile).

If it went through the old provider (TekSavvy) then it can be delayed, it can be botched.

Port requests cannot be initiated by the old carrier. It always must be done by the carrier who will be receiving the phone number.  This is as per number portability rules.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@cne 

If you can't login Self-Serve and can't get SIMon to work then final option is to send a private msg to the PM Mods.

Or wait a while before trying Self-Serve and SIMon again.

cne

Tried in a different browser. Same result. By design, I guess.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@cne  send them a private message. You can click link below to write moderators. When they respond it will go to your inbox on here. The envelope top rightish.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@cne wrote:

Port request was done online when signing up.

Attempting to submit a ticket.....filled out form, but "Next" button and "Submit Ticket" button don't function.  Is this why the rates are low? everything is broken.

Maybe too many people hogging Self-Serve to check for the moment their free gifts have arrived.

Try clearing browser cache/cookies. Or browser "incognito" mode. Or a different browser. And wait a few seconds between clicks on the Self-Serve page, so server-side doesn't drop sync.

cne

Port request was done online when signing up.

Attempting to submit a ticket.....filled out form, but "Next" button and "Submit Ticket" button don't function.  Is this why the rates are low? everything is broken.

@cne 

How was the number port request submitted?

Ideally, it should have been through or from the new provider (Public Mobile).

If it went through the old provider (TekSavvy) then it can be delayed, it can be botched.

If dial-in is still going to the TekSavvy number then the TekSavvy account is still active (it would be terminated as part of the number port). So they might be able to report the status of the port.

@gpixel wrote:

@cne try restarting the phone and reset the network settings. whats the make and model of the device?

This wouldn't be a device or device settings issue. There isn't anything that can be done on the cell phone that would make incoming phone calls go to the old Teksavvy service. The port just hasn't been done or has failed.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@cne try restarting the phone and reset the network settings. whats the make and model of the device?

@computergeek541  not sure if you moved again or not but red screen for me 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20200901_235006.jpg

@cne wrote:

We signed up with Public Mobile a week and a half ago. We are still waiting for the landline to transfer over. This seems a little long. Using her cell phone, my wife can text with old landline number, make calls with old landline number, but cannot receive calls. All calls to her still go to landline. Suggestions?

help appreciated...thanks!

Number porting from VoiP does often take longer. 1.5 weeks would be a little on the longer side.  I would double check your Teksavvy account informaiton, and open a ticket at https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and type "port request" to figure out what's going on. The calls ringing at your Teksavvy service mean that the number hasn't been ported over to Public Mobile (yet).

Need Help? Let's chat.