cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer number

Shopmanel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up with public mobile 3 days ago. I transferred my bell number over, i talked to a bell agent and it was confirmed the the transfer was successful, yet i cannot find my number in my phone and i cannot receive text messages or incoming phone calls! i tried switching off my phone for half hour and still noting!  I also have data! I cannot log into my public mobile app cause it try's to text me a 6 digit security number and like i said i cannot receive text messages!

5 REPLIES 5

Shopmanel

i have called and they reapplied for a new transfer which went through a few they ago, i can now make and receive calls but i still cant send or receive text messages. when i send a message it seem to send it but it does not show up on my other phone    

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You'll need to put your old SIM back in, redo the Port and reply YES to the Port Request.

You can than switch your SIM to the new Public one.

Paul215
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can try calling the porting department  and see if they can restart the transfer process.

I'm sending you a private message for the phone number to call.  Sometimes you have to repeat your phone number 2 times  to speak to a human being. Good luck !

Shopmanel

So I just got off the phone with my old service provider, apparently my phone number  transfer request got canceled because I didn't reply with a yes within 90min! So I have to reapply! How do I do that??

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you put your old Bell SIM Card back in, and wait for 5 minutes or so.. does it get reception still or does it say No Service?

Need Help? Let's chat.