cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text message not going through

dyates4905
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Text messages are not going through on my phone. I have this phone for my son and lately he hasn't been receiving the texts, only calls.

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dyates4905  - both iMessage and Chat Features require a wifi connections or data to send/receive texts.

If you son is out of data for his current cycle, then..

• if  iMessage and you are out of data for your current cycle be sure to have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of your device.
  • if you are using android and you use Chat Features, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It is quite possible he is using something like imessage and if he is out of data and the wifi is down then he wouldn't be receiving any texts. Double check to see if that is the case.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dyates4905  What kind of phone is that?

are you sure you have been using traditional text/sms and not iMessage or RCS?

Do you only have problem receiving text? can you send text?

Try your PM SIM in another phone.  There has been quiet some voice or text issue lately.  Putting your PM SIM in another phone will trigger a sim reprovisioning and that could resolve your issue

Also, another thing to try after is to try Reset Network settings.  But please note that resetting the network will clear all your saved Wifi connection  as well.  You will have to join those Wifi again 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes taking SIM into different phone, making connection and returning it back will solve issues.

Keep phones off while rotating SIMs.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@dyates4905 hi if above suggestion doesn't work he may have a provisionnig problem with his account you will need to open a ticket through Simon to speak to a customer service agent they will help you  Click here or you can send private message to a CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@dyates4905 tell him to take sim card out of his phone turn off for a few minutes put sim back in and reboot

Need Help? Let's chat.