cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card

Burry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, purchased a new moto g 2022. I took my sim card and resized it and it fits perfect. When I turn on my phone, it asks for a SIM Service Provider Unlock PIN. Does anyone know it is or what I do here? If I dismiss this and get into my phone, it indicates that the sim card it invalid. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in avance.

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Burry 

Sorry, you got a locked or Blacklisted phone. Where did you buy it from?

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you buy it in Canada? If yes, take it back and asked for a carrier unlocked one. All phones sold in Canada since December 1 2017 must be sold unlocked. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/radio-television-telecommunications/news/2017/06/crtc_puts_an_endtolockedce...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

New like sealed like shrink-wrapped like sticker never opened? It sounds a bit like it might be locked to a provider but it certainly shouldn't be.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Burry  

this is a carrier unlock code it is asking for.      You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier unlock code.            (PM would not be able to help with this) 

If you buy it from someone else, you have to go back to the seller and ask him to get it from the carrier he got it from

Need Help? Let's chat.