cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card activation

unicorn1956
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new sim card for my phone, and selected change sim card.  I submitted the number from the new card, but now my phone says enter PIN to unlock sim.  Where do I find the PIN?

5 REPLIES 5

unicorn1956
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's definitely the problem; we got the phone from a friend.  We'll contact the provider tomorrow and get it unlocked.  Thanks for the help!

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@unicorn1956 wrote:

I bought a new sim card for my phone, and selected change sim card.  I submitted the number from the new card, but now my phone says enter PIN to unlock sim.  Where do I find the PIN?

Sounds like you had an old phone and wanted to upgrade; thus, the reason for purchasing new SIM that would fit into the new phone.  Is this correct?

It also sounds like that your phone was locked by the previous service provider.  In this case, you have 2 options: - ask the previous provider to unlock your phone - if they are unwilling/cannot, cause your not a customer anymore & there's no way to establish you're the owner of that phone..... you can try an instore/online unlocking service (I've previously used various ebay resellers to unlock my phones ~$5 or less)

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@unicorn1956 wrote:

@unicorn1956 

Why did you buy a new sim?..same phone you used for the last sim?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@unicorn1956 wrote:

Have you ever used Public sim in that phone?  If phone says it needs network unlock pin, you neee to get phone unlocked by the old carrier.

Default sim pin on all new Public sim is always 1234 unless customer changes it.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@unicorn1956 wrote:

The only way that I think is good is to ask to the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened. They will help you...or perhaps someone else here..Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.