cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service

dougie2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need to get to the part of my account to cancel the service. Can someone help me

15 REPLIES 15

dougie2

Hey everyone...thanks for all your help you've been more than generous, but we have got to the bottom of the issue. The new provider put the incorrect account number in the port out info. As of tomorrow I should be set to go. 🤞🤞

Hope wish you all well !

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Well I'm getting confused.

1. You got a new provider?

2. You had them do the porting of your old number from here to the new provider?

3. You got the text from here on your old sim in whatever phone to confirm and you replied to it with the yes (might even be case sensitive not sure) and you did that within 90 minutes of receiving the text?

4. You have your new provider sim in a phone and you what... can you call in, text in, use cell data?

5. Does your old sim still work? Does it still take calls and texts?

dougie2

No...new phone with the new provider...so, all calls are still going to old phone, old number which I kept btw.

I didnt use the sim from the old phone, all thos was done yesterday, and I did click on the confirmation text.

@dougie2  At this point if you need to get the new provider . To help finish off the port from their support team . 

dougie2

Also...do I need to view this site on a laptop or something...I dont see any of the screens from my account and so on.

dougie2

Sorry...texts and calls going to old phone not new one

dougie2

I appreciate your help, but I should really give you the whole story...I apologize.

So last night new provider ported out the number, got the email, clicked on yes.

At this point tho, the new phone works fine except all calls and texts are still going to new phone. I changed the provider AND I put a new phone on my same number as pm. Did I explain that correctly? Lol

@dougie2  Just having support remove credit card in file . But as you already mentioned your ported your PM number out to new provider . So there’s nothing left for you to do . It’s been closed and no further charges should take place . If I’m the rare event you do . Just come back here and contact support for a refund 

Can you receive calls on your new provider? Did you get the confirmation text from here and did you reply to it?

How long has it been? If over 90 minutes by now then you'll need to ask your new provider to re-request the port and put the old sim in a phone and wait for the confirmation text.

dougie2

So aside from porting out none of the other remedies are instant correct ?

@dougie2  .no worries if you ported your PM phone number out successfully. Then your PM account is automatically closed and you can’t sign in anymore . You’re good to go . You won’t be charged again 

dougie2

So it was ported to the new provider but it wasn't or rather hasnt taken place.

I already have the new provider set up with the pm old number etc...so need this to happen asap.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dougie2  You can port number out to cancel or turn of auto pay . Or have support remove the credit card on file right away 

Turn  auto pay  OFF/ON  3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1690410172824.png

Or if you know the 4 digit PIN number

submit ticket with support 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dougie2 

To "cancel" the plan, you can either port out your number to another provider and your account will be closed upon successful port out of the number

Or you can disable the toggle "Subscribed" to disable Pre-Authorized payment instead.  Once it is disabled, PM will not be able to renew your account on your next renewal , your account will then be suspended on that day and 90 more days, it will be closed

To disable Pre-Authorized payments (Turn off Subscribed) , you can do it by one of the following:

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you know your 4 digit account pin then you can dial 611 and turn off autopay.

If you can login to your account then you can turn off the subscription (autopay).

You can dial that 611 and get your next renewal and then the evening before you can pause your credit card and then unpause it the next day.

You can port out your number which closes the account.

Or you can ask support to cancel everything for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.