cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service discountinued still after updating my credit card info

nardos909
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card has been changed it is only yesterday that payment was due  but they have discontinue the service.

I have updated on the payment section with my new credit card, but still unable to have the service.

What do I have to do in this case?

13 REPLIES 13

I'm still not sure you understand what all is going with your accounts.

If you signed up phone numbers in a store but never made login accounts for them then you need to do that for each. That way you can properly manage each phone number. (account)

An account remains active by paying. When it doesn't get paid it goes into suspension. After a 90 day grace period, the account will fully deactivate. If the number originated from here then maybe you might be able to get it back. You would a new sim and email address and a credit card. If not then you would need to go back to the originating carrier who "own" the number. If you were to provide the first 6 digits of your number then we could help identify which carrier it comes from. But that would give us the province and area the number comes from. Maybe you wouldn't like that.

If it's just suspended then you can pay up to reactivate.

Without a login account, you can pay using vouchers and 611. Or use real time payments in some stores.

@nardos909 wrote:

Another question how can I add an a previously discontinued service phone number with sim card, to a new plan in public mobile ?

That would only be possible if the number isn't already being used by someone.  However, there are no gurantees that you'll be able to get that done even if no one has started using that phone number.

nardos909

Another question how can I add an a previously discontinued service phone number with sim card, to a new plan in public mobile ?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nardos909 

Uh oh....that's not supposed to be able to be done. You have no other option than to get customer support to make 3 accounts with separate emails. 

nardos909

I have three phones under one account wife and daughter included in addition to me, I am seeing my alternate when logged in, how can I switch to make my alternate to be associated with my login.

Can some one help me

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nardos909 

Yes contact customer support. You can also try putting your Sim card in another phone to see if your Sim card works then reseat it in your phone and reboot.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/m-p/...

nardos909

hey there,

it's been almost a day i cannot receive calls, receive texts, send out texts or use my data.

The user dashboard says my account is active.

Can a moderator assist?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nardos909 

If your account says active there is no need to reactivate....it's already done so.

Edit:

If you still don't have service reboot your phone.

tolson

This happened with my phone today, and once I put in the updated mastercard info it did reset. I got a notification that it might take up to 30 minutes to reset though, so that may be the issue is just time now?

nardos909

Thanks darlicious: My account says it  Active, and on Manage Payment Method Pre Authorization is Enabled, can't find where to "reactivate"

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nardos909 

Once suspended you must make a manual top up payment to reactivate your services. Log into your account. Click on "reactivate my account" and follow the prompts to make a manual payment to reactivate your plan. Log out and reboot your phone.

Edit:

Make sure you download the receipt when offered it's the only opportunity you will be given to do so.

nardos909

No I just have updated my new credit card on the payment section, thinking they can withdraw the pre authorized or the system automatically will.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried loading the account balance manually? @nardos909 

Need Help? Let's chat.