cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending a code to my Bell landline number ??

Mik7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They say that they are sending a code to my Bell landline #. This is the number that I want to use on my Public mobile sim. I am not getting anything and therefore the # will NOT be ported, I assume. How do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

@Mik7 wrote:

Hi, Can anyone  please send me the PM porting support team number?

the code they are sending to my landline (# which I am trying to transfer) is to access my account so I cannot confirm my identity... help please

The code is for logging into your Public Mobile self serve account and is unrelated to number porting.  Currently, there isn't any reason to think that anything has went wrong with number porting.  Porting from a landline takes a few days.

Mik7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Can anyone  please send me the PM porting support team number?

the code they are sending to my landline (# which I am trying to transfer) is to access my account so I cannot confirm my identity... help please

@Mik7 wrote:

They say that they are sending a code to my Bell landline #. This is the number that I want to use on my Public mobile sim. I am not getting anything and therefore the # will NOT be ported, I assume. How do I fix this?

That code is unrelated to number porting.  It's code to be able to log into your Public Mobile self serve account.

@slusagm wrote:

landline porting will take around 3 or 4 business days.  Bell won't send text from port authorization 

but. if you login My Account before porting is done, the system would not be smart enough, would still try to send the text to your landline which of course you won't receive. You can try to click Resend code and see if email is an option.  Or you should wait until port is done before trying to login 

Public Mobile has always assigned the number that is being ported in immediately to the Public Mobile acccount, before porting has even completed.  Text messages originating from within Telus and sent to the number requested to be ported in would get delivered to the Public Mobile service, so the EverSafe code, should in theory, be delivered through the Public Mobile service through text messaging.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

landline porting will take around 3 or 4 business days.  Bell won't send text from port authorization 

but. if you login My Account before porting is done, the system would not be smart enough, would still try to send the text to your landline which of course you won't receive. You can try to click Resend code and see if email is an option.  Or you should wait until port is done before trying to login 

Need Help? Let's chat.