cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

safe messaging

glen3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it SAFE to give CS_Agent my PIN NUMBER regarding helping me with phone not able to make calls? He says he needs it along with my full name, phone number to identify me.

6 REPLIES 6

@glen3 

Not only is it safe, but if they do not ask validation questions, that's when I would become concerned that they are not taking the correct measures to validate who they're dealing with.

Such is the point of having personal information on file given the online support.

But it's good that you ask because there are some members who have created usernames that mimic or might be confused with a customer support agent.

So to make sure, refer to @hTideGnow original picture of the username which designates it is a public mobile staff member.

You should also go into your self-granted solution and tap the downward facing arrow and assign it to the user who best responded to your inquiry. It's frowned upon to give oneself a solution unless they genuinely found it themselves.

@hTideGnow wrote:

@glen3   if it is CS_agent:

hTideGnow_0-1679597943681.png

YES, it is safe.  This is normal validation step

I agree that CSA do sometmies ask for a PIN somewhat randomly, but I wouldn't call it a normal valdiation step. If a customer submits the ticket using the chatbot, there is less of a reason for a CSA to ask this in a private message.  This is one of the very reason that customers must use the chatbot to open tickets, so that that this information doesn't get passed back an forth via the messaging system, possibly even sent to the wrong person on occassional (or people possibly pretending to work at Public Mobile).

glen3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, thank you. If it is an agent, yes they ask for those verification details.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@glen3    Yes, CSA's can and do ask for those types of verifying details and as long as you know it's CS_Agent, then it's safe give him your PIN etc.

HI @glen3   or if you are still worry, just say you don't have it (some people really forgotten), and ask them to ask another validation question instead

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@glen3   if it is CS_agent:

hTideGnow_0-1679597943681.png

YES, it is safe.  This is normal validation step

Need Help? Let's chat.