cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reward $ for referrals

Panda2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I gave my referral code to my son to get him register with Public Mobile but he missed one letter when he entered it when he signed up.  He eventually able to get the $10 referral code off on his bill but I never received the monthly $2 or $1 for referring him to sign up Public Mobile.  I chatted with the Chatbot and asked for help at that time (about 6 month ago) but it was not helpful.  Anyways, I just wonder if there's anyway I could still get the monthly referral reward?

Thank you,

8 REPLIES 8

@Panda2 

Yes @AE_Collector totally got it right whereas I thought for sure your son had managed to imput an incorrect code but a still valid one.

@Panda2 

It looks that @AE_Collector had the right answer and the great suggestion for you to investigate and find out about your referral list, definitely worthy of marking as the solution. Great instinct @AE_Collector 

Also @Panda2  thanks for letting the community know about the resolution it is very useful for those who come after us looking for the answers to similar questions.

Cheers

Panda2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for everyone's reply to my message.  

Just want to update you guys that a moderator has checked and told me that I have been receiving the $1 reward.  Yes I had also referred a friend to sign up for PM at the same month as my son.  But I thought the reward is $2/friend and that the $2 in my account was from referring my friend (I didn't know why I always thought it's $2/friend!).  So it turned out the reward is just $1/friend so I guess whoever was helping my son to give him the $10 referral credit (even though he entered the wrong code) was able to figure out my correct referral code and gave me the reward.  Thanks again guys!

Worst case option ... a new PM SIM card costs $10, PM referral bonus is $10, everything breaks even except the referrer gains ongoing referral reward.

The referral will have to choose a new phone number, though. Or will have to port the existing number away from PM (for a month) then port it back to PM.

A moderator might have just given a $10 good will credit as the easiest way to solve the enquiry about not having received the $10 credit. 

@Panda2 Are you certain that you aren’t receiving the $1/30 day credit? Do you have any other referrals? You have checked your account online in the reward area and see the $2 Autopay credit (assuming you have Autopay set up) but not any $1 friend referrals? We frequently see people here who assume they are aren’t getting their credits because their bill seems higher than they think it should be if credits are applied. But they are quite often forgetting that the amount owing will have taxes added to it by the time it hits their credit card.

AE_Collector

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Oracle365 wrote:

I feel like there's got to be a way through the ticket (talking to a moderator), since you got the initial referral bonus. It proves you referred him, at least. I would try again to create a ticket. 

If the OP's son got the referral credit, it does not mean it was the OP's referral code that was used.

Just that someone's referral code was used.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Panda2 

This long after the activation, (6 months) there will be no way I can imagine the Moderators will change the referral code. 

Errors such as these need to be brought to Moderators within several days or a week or so.

Whichever user benefited from the activation referral will continue to.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I feel like there's got to be a way through the ticket (talking to a moderator), since you got the initial referral bonus. It proves you referred him, at least. I would try again to create a ticket. 

Need Help? Let's chat.