cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrieve contacts from sim card

chairman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i want to retrieve my contacts from my sim card.my old phone is damaged so i transfered my sim card to another phone but my contacts are not coming up on my new phone

6 REPLIES 6

@chairman wrote:

i want to retrieve my contacts from my sim card.my old phone is damaged so i transfered my sim card to another phone but my contacts are not coming up on my new phone

Did you have the names and phone numbers saved on the SIM cards. These days, this is rarely done as only a name and phone number is saved and each phone number gets saved as a seperate entry.  Some phones have this disabled, but look for a setting in your contacts menu/app to do something worded somthing similar to "show SIM contacts".

I believe you can, @dabr   (EDIT:  as i now see you've also since determined  👍)

My device appears to have the capability to store/move contacts at 4 possible locations.  I can't speak to the OP's situation, however.

Phone manufacturer account, phone memory, SIM card, & Google account

softech
Oracle
Oracle

.. this is what it looks like on an Samsung phone, just change to SIM and you still see all the contacts stored on the SIM

softech_0-1612378848307.png

Then, you can also open each contact, and there is an option to copy it back to somewhere else (phone/Google, etc)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are using an Android phone ?

Here are some tips.

https://www.coolmuster.com/android/retrieve-contacts-from-sim-card.html

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@chairman wrote:

@chairman  Edit: after googling this, apparently a SIM does store contacts, so nvd!

Do you have gmail account?  Try signing into your gmail account on your new phone and see if the contacts list gets updated too.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@chairman 

On my device, there is an option to search contacts within Google Contacts or on the SIM device or on the phone memory itself.

Make sure you've selected the appropriate contact storage location to display the contacts you're seeking.

I believe there's also an "All" selection which is what I have set.

Need Help? Let's chat.