cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refer a friend reward - must activate online?

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, I switched my Fido prepaid service to PM in early October and my husband is considering switching his after he finished his remaining Fido vouchers. My question is: in order for me to get $1 off per month and for my husband to get his $10 credit, does he need to switch to a plan $25 or above and activate it online only? or is it ok to get it done at WOW in the store? 

18 REPLIES 18

cat2019

Will do! Thanks for taking the time to help us!

sierraobrian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The sooner the better to get your $10 credit 

@cat2019 wrote:

Many thanks! Unfortunately he has already loaded his credit in the phone so has to use it up first. We decided to wait and see whether there will be some good promo next month or two. No rush... I really appreciate that in this PM community we can get help and support right away from others. That's a big "YES" for switching to PM!

@cat2019  Yes that is probably the best decision as black Friday will certainly bring some kind of similar flash sale. By then I'm sure your husband will have used up a good portion of his fido credit and taking advantage of promo then will have better value. Again activate the temporary number and just have the extra line( especially if you have a old spare phone to put the sim in) til the credit is under $5 then port your husbands number onto the pm sim with the temp number. Sign up for deal alerts on the plans page so you will know when to activate with the best deal. Please continue to come back to the community for help and spend a little time reading the help and knowledge articles to get to know how public mobile works....especially on online activations as the next good flash sale will likely be online only due to busy retail locations with black Friday shoppers. Welcome to public mobile and soon your husband too!

cat2019

Many thanks! Unfortunately he has already loaded his credit in the phone so has to use it up first. We decided to wait and see whether there will be some good promo next month or two. No rush... I really appreciate that in this PM community we can get help and support right away from others. That's a big "YES" for switching to PM!

@cat2019IIn regards to his voucher it is already loaded onto his account? If not a private sale for a small discount (10%? $45) would recover most of it. If loaded already how long would it normally take him to use that up? More than a month? You could hedge your bets on an equally good promo for black Friday although with the free SIM it's a sweeter pot than its been in at least 6 months. The last free month promo but no SIM was over six weeks ago.

@cat2019  You activate a SIM card with a temporary  number while he uses up his fido credit.   Then when it's almost used up but still active you port his phone number onto the SIM card you activate today. By activating at one of the retailers with both promos on the $25 plan ($28w/tax)  and adding $2 to the new account ($30 total) and changing it to the $15 on the next renewal with credits added from your referral and the flash sale that new temporary number will not need to be paid for until the 5th month. $30 investment now will cover the first 4 months of plan cost. Unless once your husband ports in his fido number he wants one of the other plans with more features.

cat2019

Thank you so much for the break-down calculation for saving! But my question is: he does need a $25/m plan with his current phone number transfered to PM, but if he take the flash sale today, how can he keep the same number while using up his remaining Fido voucher credit? I don't really get how the 4-month of service works.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cat2019 wrote:

Hi, I switched my Fido prepaid service to PM in early October and my husband is considering switching his after he finished his remaining Fido vouchers. My question is: in order for me to get $1 off per month and for my husband to get his $10 credit, does he need to switch to a plan $25 or above and activate it online only? or is it ok to get it done at WOW in the store? 

@cat2019  The refer a friend credit/reward can be done on any plan, anywhere, any way and at anytime. Depending on The plan he is interested In it may be worth activating during this flash sale even with a temporary number while he uses up his remaining credit on his account. Assuming the voucher is loaded on his account versus being available to be transferred to someone else. A little savvy planning can yield a very affordable plan for 3 to four months. Minimum plan for promo $25+

tax ($28). After activation $10 refer a friend award will be credited to the account followed by $25 one month free credit and finally before renewal $4($2+$2) for a total credit of $39. If you changed to the $15 plan on renewal your total investment for 4 months of service would be $40.  Math as follows: month 1. $28 credits (+)$39-15=$24 (mnth2)$24+2=$26-$15=$11(mnth3)$11+2=$13

month 4. $13+$2(You would owe$2 for renewal) Initial payment $28+$2=$30 for 4 months service.

Alternatively $50plan $56 w/tax credits $10+$50+$8=$68 switch to $25 plan. $68-$25=$33 $33-$25=$8 4th month would cost $17 +tax. 4 months service approx. $75  or w/switching to $15 plan 5 months service $61. A monthly average plan cost from $7.50 to $19 over four months.

cat2019

Thanks for the reminder. The O and 0 is confusing to me sometimes. Luckily mine doesn't contain them 🙂

cat2019

Thank you. Better finish his left over vouchers (over $50) first. Maybe there will be other promotions later?

cat2019

That's a good reminder. I'm not a tech person so usually just rely on "others" to do it for me.

cat2019

Thanks for the reminder. He still has about $50 vouchers so maybe just finish that first.

cat2019

Thanks. Maybe the online only activation applied only for the previous extra $10 credit promotion.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@cat2019 wrote:

No, it can be a $15 plan for refer a friend. $15 plan won't get free month or free sim.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cat2019 wrote:

For the standard referral, the referee can activate any plan online or in-store.  The referee will get $10 within 72 hours of activation.  The referrer will get $1/30days cycle as long as the referee stay with PM on the referrer's renewal day.

People need to read the promo carefully if people want to stack a promo with the refer-a-friend credit/reward.  Otherwise, you will not get the promo bonus.  As long as the referrer's refer-a-friend code is entered in the activation form correctly.  Referrer should warn the referee about the capital "O" and number 0 in the refer-a-friend code.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can sign up for a plan of your choice at the store you prefer or online. Make sure the referral code on your account is entered when sim card is activated. Free sim card and 30 days free on a 25.00 plan this weekend are sweet deals.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cat2019 wrote:

Hi, I switched my Fido prepaid service to PM in early October and my husband is considering switching his after he finished his remaining Fido vouchers.

My question is: in order for me to get $1 off per month and for my husband to get his $10 credit, does he need to switch to a plan $25 or above and activate it online only? or is it ok to get it done at WOW in the store?

No any plan will do. Log onto your account and record your referral number.

Set up his account using your referral code. That gets you a $1 a month and his $10. The only person I trust to set up an account is me! Too many stories about retailers omissions.  

GR
Mayor / Maire

@cat2019 for that regular bonus it can be done anywhere.  If you want to take advantage of the free Sim and 2nd month free it has to be done this weekend on the 25$ or more plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.