cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

redemption add ons

cwickert
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

used rewards for 1000 min canada wide minutes. When my regular minutes were used up these did not kick in. Is the idea that when I use up my canada wide minutes these add on minutes then kick in.

16 REPLIES 16

@cwickert wrote:

it shows as 0/1000 but I have bought the 500 twice. When I got a notice I had no minutes left i figured it had used up the first 500 I bought so bought a second 500. As it turned out it never used any of the first 500.

@cwickert   Did you try to reboot the phone and see if the minutes kick in now?

So, you bought it twice , mainly because the add-on didn't kick in and caused the confusion.  You can try to contact PM Support to have them reverse the transaction and have the fund send back to Available Fund for future use.

cwickert

account is active, and I'm in Alberta.

cwickert

I don't hear an error message just get a warning on phone that I am out of minutes.

cwickert

it shows as 0/1000 but I have bought the 500 twice. When I got a notice I had no minutes left i figured it had used up the first 500 I bought so bought a second 500. As it turned out it never used any of the first 500.

cwickert

Yes I actually bought the 500 canada wide minutes twice.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cwickert  - yeah, the 1000 number confused me..but if you said you successfully add two - $5/500 Canada Wide calling minutes to your account, then you should be seeing the two separate line items listed here under this section:

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

A couple things, just to clarify, is your account status currently ACTIVE? Because addons will not work when an account is in nonpay/suspended status. So, if this is the case you must first reactivate your account.

Also, are you in Canada? These addons are for use whilst you are in Canada.

Ok good so you did both steps of the 2 step process which isn't the case for many customers it seems. If you rebooted and minutes still aren't available a CSA is best avenue 

@cwickert Then it should kick in automatically every time you run out of the 100 min included in your plan. Are you currently out of the 100 min and not able to place a call? If yes, you will have to reach out to the CS_Agent team so they can take a look and see why add-ons purchased through reward points are not working for you. 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@cwickert wrote:

when i go to myrewards and check activity it shows that I purchased 500 canada wide minutes twice. but when my regular canada wide minutes ran out these minutes didn't kick in.

Do you hear an error messsage when trying to make calls, and if so, what does it say?  If you're not already doing this, dial a 1 before the area code and the remainder of the phone number.

cwickert

yes they show in the self serve account.

cwickert

yes

@cwickert wrote:

when i go to myrewards and check activity it shows that I purchased 500 canada wide minutes twice. but when my regular canada wide minutes ran out these minutes didn't kick in.

Do both add-ons show up in your self-serve account? Check the Overview or Add-ons page to see if it shows 0/500 twice or 0/1000 min remaining. 
https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

cwickert

@cwickert 

On second thought, I notice that you said 1000 Canada-wide minutes.  There is no 1000 minute Canada-wide add-on, although the account would show a total of 1000 mintues if you purchased two of those $5 add-ons.  I bring this up because there are 1000 minute long distance add-ons that are for calling other countries.  Can you double check which add-on was selected?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@cwickert Do you see the 1000 min add-on in your self-serve account? I wonder if it was correctly added or not. 

@cwickert wrote:

used rewards for 1000 min canada wide minutes. When my regular minutes were used up these did not kick in. Is the idea that when I use up my canada wide minutes these add on minutes then kick in.

Yes. If you're on a limited minute plan, the Canada-wide add-on is supposed to give you more minutes.  If you go into your Self Serve account, does it list those 500 minutes under Data and Add-ons on the first page?

Need Help? Let's chat.