cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number transfer

ladoucem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up my wife with PM. everything went fine, I received a confirmation that the number was ok.

Last week she received a notive from PM tha they could not transfer the number and gave her a new one.

I want the old number back..

Tried putting in the old sim card as suggested by support but nothng seems to work.

19 REPLIES 19

ladoucem

Thanks for all of your help in getting this issue resolved. 

ladoucem

Thanks

I can make calls and receive calls with the number PM gave her.

I will try the ticket route

@ladoucem   No, we are all just customers here

again, can you at least make outgoing calls?  I wonder if it is SIM provisioning issue

Anyway, please engage technical support by opening ticket here:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

ladoucem

They suggested that I need help from the tehchnical dept to fix.  Are you part of this dept?

If not, do you know how to contact?

ladoucem

I called porting team and everthing from their end is good.

When I call the old number I get a message that the number is not in service.

ladoucem

If I received a text message, I answered yes and now there is no service when I call the number.

Number is definetly not active with my old supplyer.

I will call porting team to confirm but I do believe it was completed.

@ladoucem  Your new number shouldn't cause any issue

Call back the Porting team number I sent you.  Confirm if they see the porting completed

ladoucem

I reset a couple of time last night but still no change.

Can the fact that public mobile gave me a new number be causing me somer problems? 

Should I go back and try to change my number option again?

@ladoucem wrote:

How long should this take? Over 2 hours now.

@ladoucem  - 2-3 hours max for a cell port.

Are any services working on the PM SIM card? Restart the phone and you can also perform a reset of the device's network settings with the PM SIM card inside (not a bad idea to do when changing providers).

ladoucem

How long should this take? Over 2 hours now.

@ladoucem   You are closer now.  Just reboot your wife's phone with the PM SIM every 30 minutes until she can receive  the incoming calls

ladoucem

Thanks.

Have contacted them and they have ported my number again. Finally received a text message.

Now just waiting to see f it worked.

@ladoucem   after you submitted, there is a team you can contact to check the porting status.  I suggest you call them half an hour after you submitted.

I will message you the phone number to your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

ladoucem

No it's not Koodo

I actually texted a message and called with her old number so the account is still active.

Im only wondering after the system asked me to verify the number, I had nothing else to do.

@ladoucem You old provider is not Koodo prepaid, right?

If it is Koodo prepaid, then you can just open a ticket with PM using the link you posted (you likely don't even need to pay for an extra month to reactivate the account)

if it is not Koodo prepaid, before you request porting, make sure the old prepaid is active. 

You might need to load fund to reactivate another month if your current number on the old one is suspended due to non payment.   Once the old one is working again  on the number you want to port, you can then go back to My Account and Change number and request porting.  After the porting request submitted, your should receive a text from your old provider shortly.  So, make sure the old provider sim is in a phone , turned on and ready to receive text.  You need to reply that text within 90 mins.  After you replied yes, the porting should completed within 2 hours.

So, at that stage, you can put your wife PM SIM in a phone, reboot every 30 mins for an update.  If you call the wife number and PM phone rings, you are done!!

ladoucem

Thanks

I can still use the old account as it was a prepaid.

Followed instructions but I'm not sure if this has worked.

After checking for availability, do I need to do Something else beside wait for a text message?

Change Number

Select a new phone number
Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider

Transferring a Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile number? To complete your port-in request, please reach out to our Customer Support Agents here

Check to see if your phone number is eligible:
Phone Number: * 
For additional security, your previous service provider may send a text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer. Click here for more information

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ladoucem 

Is your wife's previous account still active? You can only port over active account (unless prehaps from Kood or Telus).

If something happened in the porting process and you are unable to complete the port via @softech post, submit a ticket with CSA to help you port over the number into your wife's account.

Two ways to contact CSA:

1- Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Customer Support agents=CSA) by clicking here:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR
2- Private message CSA here (slower method) by clicking here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Where did you port your wife from? Were all her services (incoming/outgoing, etc) working fine for a month with the #? It is still salvageable depending on the circumstances.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ladoucem  do you notice your wife have not receiving any incoming calls on her PM SIM for a month?

Go back to the old carrier, login and check if you are still paying.  Look like you didn't answer the text from the old provider to approve the porting, it was pending for a month and finally the porting request was cancelled.

I understand you put in the old sim and didn't seems working.  Call your old provider and ask, check if the account is still active, if you are still paying (unless it was prepaid and you didn't pay, but the account still still be there)

Once you are ready to port again, you can login to your wife's My Account and re-request the porting by clicking Change Number, then click Transfer a Wireless or ... .  This time, remember that you need to reply the text from your old provider within 90 mins

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/

Need Help? Let's chat.