cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re: Billed 12.95 unknown charge on my credit card

rita1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was billed 12.95 from Public Mobile but don't know what's that for and this amount doesn't appear in my payment history.  How do I reach billing to resolve this?

16 REPLIES 16

@barrascuk 

Well it's possible but I am the only person I know of trying to squeeze every penny out of a Kellogg's visa gift card at $4.25 +tax but I suppose other people would do it with their credit card? But an autopay charge?

@barrascuk   Top up could by done on any amount. 

However, the Add-on amount on PM are on nice amount like $10 + tax, $15 + tax, same with the plan price.  Usually people would top up such an amount to buy Add-on or PM will charge such amount for Plan renewal.  It is just  "interesting" that someone top up for $10.24 + tax  or PM will charge $13.78+tax

I still eager to know what is the merchant name on the CC.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you all assuming that a top up was done to the dollar? And not ie. $10.24 plus taxes. 

@darlicious   I have tried all these provincial taxex myself, too but cannot figure out where OP lives.  🙂

OP last online was 8 hours ago, we asked for more details and suggest couple things to check while he was still online.  Let's hope he checked it again and got it figured out. 

@rita1 

This can odd amount to be charged from public mobile since almost always pm deals in round amounts unless an odd amount has been added by a customer. So the possible charges from pm with tax :

• $10+5%=$10.50, +11%=$11.10, +12%=$11.20, +13%=$11.30, +14.975%=$11.49, +15%=$11.50
  • $11+5%=$11.55, +11%=$12.21, +12%=$12.32, +13%=$12.43, +14.975%=$12.64, +15%=$12.65
  • $12+5%=$12.60, +11%=$13.32, +12%=$13.44, +13%=$13.56, +14.975%=$13.78, +15%=$13.80

Are you positive it's $12.95? Not $12.65? Which would be $11+15% tax.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rita1 

Your account will only show the amount without GST and Provincial taxes.

The amount would be around $10 so this could be for a purchase of a PM SIM, a $15 PM plan with AutoPay and 3 referrals or add-on.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rita1 wrote:

I was billed 12.95 from Public Mobile but don't know what's that for and this amount doesn't appear in my payment history.  How do I reach billing to resolve this?

The PM payment history shows the plan fee only without tax.

But the charge on your cc is the total of plan fee + tax.

Please post a screenshot of your PM payment history masked out your personal info.  We will you know what was the issue.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is $12.95 the full amount:

Showing on your credit card as a charged amount or a pending amount?

or 

Showing in your PM $ transactions.......which would likely show as 2 amounts price and taxes. 

But you say it does NOT show in your PM transactions?

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rita1 That is odd, Can you tell us what plan are you on? If you are on the $15 plan, then it could be the plan minus any rewards that are applied. Did you buy an addon? Just trying to help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rita1 wrote:

I am charged and pending 12.95 on my account.

I am not owing anything on my account.

I need information on this pending amount.

@rita1 

you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

*in here community site no one can help you just to you know all member here they are a customer like me and you we help each other what we have for information to give to other maybe sometime the getting help from other without contact customer service agent..

@rita1 wrote:

@rita1  you can open a ticket with PM and have them check for you, 

But if you don't mind, can you give us more info.  and maybe we can try to figure it out.   I asked couple questions on my post above.

@rita1 

What is the merchant name for the charge on your credit card of $12.95?

rita1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@rita1   Please login to My Account and check the Transaction History.   If it does not make sense, kindly post the screenshot and we can try to help

Update: yes, saw you said the Transaction History didn't have it.  would you mind to post the couple entries before and after the date you got charged 12.95?   Also, do you have any Available Fund on your My Account?    Was you account just renewed around the date you got charged the $12.95?

And was your credit card showing the charge came from Public Mobile? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rita1 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $ ? has the amount left,
leave it for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

or Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link.
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rita1 

What's the last transaction in your payment history charged to your card? Trying to figure out the tax on that one......$11+$1.95 In tax? or $12+$0.95 In tax?

Need Help? Let's chat.