cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, the SIM card number is invalid or already in use. Please try again or order a new SIM card"

Hayward
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's the message I get when tying to change my sim card at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-sim-card/

Is this a problem with the PM website or with the sim card? 

I've been with PM before, and I just logged into my old account and tried this. The sim is new.

8 REPLIES 8

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Hayward

As @matbasm suggested above, you should contact the mods (with your account #, phone #, SIM card #, name, address, etc) to have this contumacious little PM SIM card rectified or replaced.

You can try returning the SIM card to whichever vendor you purchased it from ... they might exchange it for another ... but it seems to me to be the sort of item they'd stubbornly refuse to take back "opened".

Sometimes Public Mobile sim cards get marked as alredy used if someone previously typed in the sim card number to start the activation process but then never fully completed it.  If that happens, the sim card never got activated to begin with but the system will erroneously mark it as no good for activation.  I would imagine that could also happen at the store level with some retail stores reportedly now doing full service activations.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hayward, Several people have reported getting errors while ending private messages of late.  Try privacy/incognito mode, or another browser.  Beyond that, it should clear itslef out after a while (a few hours, a day?).

Hayward

Thanks.

matbasm

@Hayward, if your account is suspended, you (yourself) can only reactivate it with the same previous plan.  If you want to change the plan, you need to get the moderators to do it for you.  You would need to have a credit card set up on the account.

Hayward

Thanks will13amIt might be "suspended" this is the message I see in overview:

"Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan"

Is an account suspended when you leave PM? What payment should I make? I have no plan and no sim attached to my account.

matbasm

@Hayward, If, after you have followed the advice of @will13am, it still simply won't accept the SIM, even though it should, you will need to send a priate message to the moderator team.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hayward, is this old account still active?  You might be rejected from making changes if the account is suspended.  If the error is in an active account, try clearing the browser cache, using a different browser, incognito mode.  These are workaround when unexplained errors occur in the self serve portal.

Need Help? Let's chat.