cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Port out request"

Bojandz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I need help

I am a new customer, ive never changed phone service providers before and I should have known better. With that out of the way

I switched from Bell to Public mobile. During my switch - I kept my phone #. I threw out my old SIM and only accepted the text from Bell to port out my number phone from the new SIM. I should have kept my old SIM in and accepted the text but I did not. I have since discarded my old SIM

Bell told me to correct this - public mobile had to send me a new "port out request" that I had to accept - once thats done, id have to call bell back and theyd be able to remove my number from bell and this would all be solved. My issue however - is that I have no idea how I can explain this to a frustrating chat bot and I have not been able to get help from anyone. I cant afford to wait days to get my ticket actioned

Can someone please contact me to send me a "port out request" ?

3 REPLIES 3

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

ask side of Public Mobile to send a request of port out to Bell firstly, and then call back to bell and express your request to confirm that port out request, which must be finished within 90mins, and finally wait for another 5hours to complete the process 

Bojandz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Htide

I called Bell prior to making this post. They are the ones who told me (since i got rid of my old SIM) - that you guys would have to be the ones to send me a "new" port out request . Once this is done - they told me to call them back

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Bojandz 

this is something we need to talk to Bell.  Ask them if they can accept the porting approval on the phone with you

After you agree what Bell can do, call PM porting team.     I will send you the number to your Community inbox.  Call them and they can re-initiate

Need Help? Let's chat.